Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mahle wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Just got a free set of mahle "gas burner" rims, they are straight, but have a lot of curb rash and so so finish. Is it worth having them re-finished? or just dump them? I've got the stock 2.0 alloys on my car now, but it'd be cool to have a second set....of something a bit different..
BMartin914
Are they really the 5 lug gasburners or just the 4 lug Mahles?

I was under the impression that the "gasburners" were rarer than the 4 lug Mahles.

If this is true, I would hang onto them. Just my $.02
Mueller
4 lug = mahles
5 lug = gasburners...huge differance in price smile.gif

if the 4 luggers....keep them if you plan on getting a second set of tires (auto-x/race), or sell them to let someone else have a spare set smash.gif
didnt know there was a 5 lug version, what I have are 4 lug, 15inch which I think are 5.5 in wide?
Mueller
yep, 5.5"...they weigh about a pound more than Fuchs, but are nicer looking depending on the color combo in my opinion....what color are they? the "might" have come off of an LE????
914werke
they are and are NOT MAG. which is where the Gas Burner came from, they are just alum alloy and can be welded welder.gif
Mueller
they are and are NOT MAG. which is where the Gas Burner came from, they are just alum alloy and can be welded

..."gas burner" has nothing to do with them being magnesium, the name is due to them looking like the top of an older gas stove top grill
They are silver/polished but I havent cleaned them up yet to see if there is a clear coat or anything over them

- so basically they are a slightly heaver version of what I already have?

I think I like the 2.0 alloys better, but after I clean them up maybe I'll feel differently.. I've got a set of autox tires that I may mount on them to see how they look...

i
Mueller
trekkor has a set on his car polished up, the look pretty good...they will not polish and clean up like a Fuchs due to the Mahles having a cast finish, but they can be made to look nice............
SpecialK
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 21 2004, 11:57 AM)
trekkor has a set on his car polished up, the look pretty good...they will not polish and clean up like a Fuchs due to the Mahles having a cast finish, but they can be made to look nice............

I don't know.....they look like they shine up pretty nice to me!

okay, these are pedrinis, but aren't they the same material?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.