Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 found in all places: Hawthorne NV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SUNAB914
I was in Hawthorne NV all last week, yes it is a dirt hole, but I was out running one night and found a 914 there. Could not locate owner, did ask neighbor but he was no help. It was a black one with real 5 lug fuchs, smaller flares on rear that we have been discussing here on forum recently. I was worried about getting to close to it, never know if you might get shot or a pittbull come after you . Anyway, I will post pic once I get it downloaded, maybe someone from Reno or Carson city would want to investigate. I think it was a neat car and might be in good condition body wise. It is located on 175 O street, house or garage (couldn't tell what the dwelling was). Last street in town, behind days inn hotel.
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jul 14 2012, 02:54 PM) *

I was in Hawthorne NV all last week, yes it is a dirt hole, but I was out running one night and found a 914 there. Could not locate owner, did ask neighbor but he was no help. It was a black one with real 5 lug fuchs, smaller flares on rear that we have been discussing here on forum recently. I was worried about getting to close to it, never know if you might get shot or a pittbull come after you . Anyway, I will post pic once I get it downloaded, maybe someone from Reno or Carson city would want to investigate. I think it was a neat car and might be in good condition body wise. It is located on 175 O street, house or garage (couldn't tell what the dwelling was). Last street in town, behind days inn hotel.

What else were you looking for, Chris? happy11.gif
Mike Bellis
Lot of Meth in little towns like that... poke.gif
SUNAB914
Worlds largest ammo depot also.
ConeDodger
There is a family out there, three generations I think that own 5 or so 914's. They race some, drive some. They are members of "914Club" but had never heard of World and hadnt been to club in years...
I have a picture of one of their 914's somewhere...
SUNAB914
I rode in an old VW bug with a V8 305 in the front end, while I was there. OMG!
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jul 16 2012, 10:45 AM) *

I rode in an old VW bug with a V8 305 in the front end, while I was there. OMG!

Bet that was scary as hell! wacko.gif
SUNAB914
Finally got the pic down loaded.
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Looks watercooled.
Mr.242
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jul 23 2012, 05:37 AM) *

Finally got the pic down loaded.
Click to view attachment

That single wide gives a nice backdrop for a 914. Just wish the 914 was on cinder blocks to properly 'frame' this pic. lol-2.gif
SUNAB914
That is close as I would venture to it. The building it in front of is more like a garage than house. I didn't see a front door.
SirAndy
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jul 14 2012, 11:54 AM) *
1 x 1 square mile

Wouldn't that be a cubic mile? biggrin.gif
walterolin
Assuming a three space...
SUNAB914
Google map, Hawthorne NV.
billh1963
Chris, you should have drug that back with you! Bet is was mostly rust free. Of course, the interior was probably cooked.
SirAndy
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jul 23 2012, 12:11 PM) *
QUOTE(walterolin @ Jul 23 2012, 10:43 AM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 23 2012, 10:38 AM) *

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jul 14 2012, 11:54 AM) *
1 x 1 square mile

Wouldn't that be a cubic mile? biggrin.gif

Assuming a three space...

Google map, Hawthorne NV.

1 x 1 square mile

1 square mile = 1 mile x 1 mile

1 x 1 square mile = 1 x 1 mile x 1 mile = 1 mile x 1 mile x 1 mile = 1 cubic mile

popcorn[1].gif biggrin.gif
SLITS
I think it was the Borg that answered the cubic mile correctly.
SUNAB914
Bill you up for road trip?
billh1963
Just drug one back from Cleveland...That was enough for me!
SUNAB914
Good gosh Bill, your sick!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.