Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engman inner long reinforcing sections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jules2c
I am trying to make up the same type of sections, but the car is no longer standard so these add on bits would not fit even if I had the money to buy them. Just need to know what thickness of metal is used, metric please, or if you have opinions on whether they are too thick/thin. The bending of a radius is a bit of a problem without special formers, do these replacement parts have a similar radius to the original longs or are they a simple 90 degree bend? Thanks for any advice.
TargaToy
If he doesn't reply to you personally, I've got one I can mic for you once i muster the energy to get off this couch. Just got back from a 400 mile round trip to drop the kids at camp and I'm shot.
TargaToy
OK, the first cup of coffee helped a bit.

The steel measures 16GA which is .0598" or 1.51892 mm.

I like working with 16GA. It's plenty stiff but can still be shaped. The radii of the kit's bends are pretty close to those of the stock body, but you know anything you get always needs to be slightly modified or persuaded a bit to achieve a custom fit.

jules2c
Would you believe i guessed at 1.5 mm thanks for information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.