Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found this on the Samba too. Anyone use this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
It's a billet taco plate sender cover.

Click to view attachment

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1251577

Interesting idea.gif
Valy
Make sure it doesn't touch the dipstick.
It will probably read lower temps than the original plate since there is now wind deflector and the sensor is not under the crank where the hot oil is.
Look at the taco plate hole in the case and you'll see that there is a divider that the original sensor goes under to reach under the crank.
KaptKaos
So if he angled it like the original, it might be good then?
mrbubblehead
nice find kapt. did you see the tuna can on the case in the picture?
Black22
I've already been in touch with this guy. I was going to try him out before I got mine to stop leaking. This is his reply to my PM on the Samba. Looks to be about $62.26 according to today's market.

Hi Mike,

The total including shipping to U.S. will be £40 (GBP) which can be paid via paypal to this email address. boatyardbuses@aol.com

Estimated delivery time will be 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Neil
mrbubblehead
hes got a good feed back page also...

valy "if" it did touch the dipstick, could you cut a little off the dipstick? im assuming it wouldnt have to be much...
KaptKaos
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Jul 15 2012, 02:12 PM) *

nice find kapt. did you see the tuna can on the case in the picture?

Here's all the stuff he makes:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/sea...username=Jonesy

Impressive.
ThePaintedMan
I bought one from him along with the Tunacan. He was awesome, very friendly to deal with and sent it immediately. Even with international shipping, it was well worth it. You can't see it in the pics, but the sender itself will be recessed into the body, keeping it well out of the wind. Neither the plate or the tunacan leaked once installed and I had no fitment issues at all. I am extremely satisfied. Make sure to purchase it before you change your oil, or you'll want to wait until you're ready.
KaptKaos
How much capacity does that tuna can add?
ThePaintedMan
Not but a few ounces, maybe a cup. Capacity isn't what I was worried about, it was the ability to hold the oil in a sump for long corners. Uses the original gaskets, but I had to get rid of the screen to make it work. I'm very, very satisfied with it.
Valy
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 15 2012, 07:48 PM) *

I bought one from him along with the Tunacan. He was awesome, very friendly to deal with and sent it immediately. Even with international shipping, it was well worth it. You can't see it in the pics, but the sender itself will be recessed into the body, keeping it well out of the wind. Neither the plate or the tunacan leaked once installed and I had no fitment issues at all. I am extremely satisfied. Make sure to purchase it before you change your oil, or you'll want to wait until you're ready.

Well, if it doesn't, hit the dipstick and is protected from wind, then it's golden! Looks cool too.
The problem I have now is that I WANT THE TUNA CAN.
KaptKaos
Crap! I've started an insurrection!!!

I am smelling a group buy.

I will reach out to the fellow and see what's cookin!!
Valy
I'm in for the tuna can.
I just need it before I finish my rebuild. This may be as soon as 2019 lol2.gif
hcdmueller
Bought a tuna can from him a few months ago. Great guy to deal with and fast shipping.
eric9144
Just bought both, have needed the 'tuna can' for a long time so this was a good excuse...

Will let you guys know how long it takes and post up the pics when they arrive. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.