Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal buckets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
A magnet does not stick. Pot metal? Will these corrode if I polish the inside of these things or glass bead. If they rot maybe I'll get them chromed.
As some of you know I am relocating my "headlights" into these things.
Krieger
bueller.... icon_bump.gif
Pat Garvey
Can't swear to it, but I think they're plasctic, Seem too light for pot metal.

I wouldn't try to polish them because the "chrom" layer is too thin & will erode.

I have a NOS pair, and they aren'y as good as the ones I intended to replace. The "chrome" coating is uneven and thin in sveral spots.
Krieger
They are definitely metal. I know that coating is thin. I am talking about polishing through that coating. The little spots I've done look good.
toolguy
have them powder painted with 'chrome' paint. . it's really shiny and will hold up but you'll have to remove the plastic bulb socket
scotty b
They are some form of pot metal. It's crap. Try either powder coating as mentioned. Or for a quick cheap fix, glass bead and use rustoleums " chrome " spray bomb.
Krieger
Thanks guys. I was able to remove the plastic plug from the backs. I broke most of the tabs, but I'll just epoxy them back on. Any pictures of the chrome powder coat? I've seen the spray chrome from duplicolor. Its just okay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.