Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pin stripping removal ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
Anyone use one of those rubber wheels to remove pin stripping? Any ideas on what to use? Thanks in advance smile.gif
scotty b
All the time. I use a Dyanbrade wheel, but it requires a special tool. just get a generic eraser wheel that will fit in a die grinder mandrel. Move it fast. If it builds up heat it will just smear the glue

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/M...8&ppt=C0171
nomore9one4
Thank you Scotty..Im gonna pick one up this week. smile.gif
type47fan
Scotty wrote:

"All the time. I use a Dyanbrade wheel, but it requires a special tool. just get a generic eraser wheel that will fit in a die grinder mandrel. Move it fast. If it builds up heat it will just smear the glue"

Glue? My '76 has "old school" painted pin stripes added by the original owner in 1980.
scotty b
QUOTE(type47fan @ Jul 17 2012, 05:36 PM) *

Scotty wrote:

"All the time. I use a Dyanbrade wheel, but it requires a special tool. just get a generic eraser wheel that will fit in a die grinder mandrel. Move it fast. If it builds up heat it will just smear the glue"

Glue? My '76 has "old school" painted pin stripes added by the original owner in 1980.

Those have to be sanded. I rarely run into painted pinstripes anymore
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.