Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do we have a factory pictures thread?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pages: 1, 2
larss
QUOTE(Michael N @ Sep 14 2012, 02:56 AM) *

QUOTE(larss @ Sep 12 2012, 11:44 PM) *

Track test probably in -69 and maybe not at the factory circuit. There seems to be a string or something hanging down under the car...?

/Lars S

IPB Image

That is the factory oil drip simulator biggrin.gif .

I thought that maybe the "tent" (in nylon?) around the car added a lot of static electricity that they wanted to lead off...

/Lars S
jhora
cool pics SirAndy.....Oh man to have access to those GT parts laying around in the third photo....look at those ventilated rear rotors sitting there
nathansnathan
karmann stand at the Frankfurt Motor show 1973.
Click to view attachment

These are from the Chicago Motor Show, but seem applicable here, 74 and I think 70 the other with the 6
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
scotty b
QUOTE(Michael N @ Sep 13 2012, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(larss @ Sep 12 2012, 11:44 PM) *

Track test probably in -69 and maybe not at the factory circuit. There seems to be a string or something hanging down under the car...?

/Lars S

IPB Image

That is the factory oil drip simulator biggrin.gif .

looks like something the 4077th would have used lol-2.gif
lennyhope
QUOTE(smg914 @ Sep 13 2012, 05:11 AM) *

Rarely seen on a factory deliverd US 914. I would love to see a window sticker showing passenger side view mirror. That would be cool!

US bound car???

Those front turn signals on the foreground white car with 2 mirrors, seem to have lower wclear area as in a Euro spec front lens....Possibly Italian or other market. Italian cars had clear side markers BUT there was another market....can't remember which, that had amber side markers but a slightly different lens.....
914Sixer
914's bound for Japan had side marker lights too. Only they worked in the turn signal mode.
nathansnathan
These go with the pics above, couldn't think of a better place to put them. These are from the Frankfort Motor Show, 1969.
IPB Image

They are like brm hubcaps!
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Weird, looks like the battery is vented to the air filter???
IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Apr 17 2013, 02:07 PM) *

Nope, that's just new and shiny plastic sheathing over the second + wire loom.
shades.gif
nathansnathan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 23 2013, 06:00 PM) *

shades.gif

Ah, You are right, of course. I need to become more familiar with 914 wiring; I'm working my way from front to back. biggrin.gif

I still am wondering what that nub is on the air filter..

IPB Image

Here are some pics from the engine bays thread of 1970 Neun vierzehn's very stock-looking (and super sweet - I must say I am deeply impressed smile.gif ) 1970 1.7 .
IPB Image
IPB Image

-I'm not seeing what that could be...

The grey/white fan is pretty cool, too, in the Karmann pic.

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Apr 17 2013, 03:07 PM) *

These go with the pics above, couldn't think of a better place to put them. These are from the Frankfort Motor Show, 1969.
IPB Image

They are like brm hubcaps!
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

OK, I am very confused! The drip tray looks like the later (post 73 version). How can that be?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Apr 23 2013, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 23 2013, 06:00 PM) *

shades.gif

Ah, You are right, of course. I need to become more familiar with 914 wiring; I'm working my way from front to back. biggrin.gif

I still am wondering what that nub is on the air filter..

IPB Image

Here are some pics from the engine bays thread of 1970 Neun vierzehn's very stock-looking (and super sweet - I must say I am deeply impressed smile.gif ) 1970 1.7 .
IPB Image
IPB Image

-I'm not seeing what that could be...

The grey/white fan is pretty cool, too, in the Karmann pic.

Heater fan hoses are incorrect.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 24 2013, 04:45 PM) *

Heater fan hoses are incorrect.

That error has been corrected some time ago.......
nathansnathan
I have finally found some pics of the 4 cylinder engine production. They were made at Hanover. They aren't actually 914 motors since the exhaust is like for a 912e, but they are allegedly form August of 73 so? That's as good as I could find though, been looking awhile for these.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And on the test track at Wolfsburg

IPB Image

IPB Image
nathansnathan
IPB Image

IPB Image
Mr.242

IPB Image

Notice the felt cover over the fuel tank..... dry.gif

Is that Eric Shea standing there?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 17 2013, 02:55 PM) *

IPB Image

Love the wheel covers! Similar to those I got from Whitney in late '72. Thankfully, all of them fell of on the interstate!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 17 2013, 06:40 PM) *

IPB Image

Love the wheel covers! Similar to those I got from Whitney in late '72. Thankfully, all of them fell of on the interstate!

Oops,just realized those are 5 lugs wheel covers! Must have been special.
McMark
Those engine pictures are AWESOME! They're definitely 914 engines. Three bolt heads are 914 2.0 only and the tins are 914 only. But the exhaust pictured in the last shot is 411/412 exhaust.
scotty b
smile.gif
daytona
Super cool thread and photos. And I thought that I was the only crasy collecting photos. Good job.
Bill.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Jul 17 2012, 05:44 PM) *

IPB Image

Look at the Ghia photobombing this 914 group pic in the bottom right corner biggrin.gif
TJB/914
Factory official photo's
ddill
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 23 2014, 01:23 PM) *

Factory official photo's

I would clarify that these are Porsche+Audi North America PR photos of 1974 model. Note New Jersey license plates.
nathansnathan
Tokyo auto show 1969 I think.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Weird-looking front side markers. Also, the passenger door gap is really bad, like not fitting.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Aug 21 2015, 02:32 PM) *
Also, the passenger door gap is really bad, like not fitting.

Door isn't closed. You can clearly see that in the first pic ...
shades.gif
nathansnathan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 25 2015, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Aug 21 2015, 02:32 PM) *
Also, the passenger door gap is really bad, like not fitting.

Door isn't closed. You can clearly see that in the first pic ...
shades.gif

I think you're right smile.gif -I have an early door that does that, like tweaks out at the bottom; thought it may have been something of an explanation or a precedent as I can't figure out what is off with it.

I wonder what the license plate says? Same as this one.
IPB Image
nathansnathan
Ah I got it, with google's kanji translator, it is "Porsche", "ポルシェ"
lennyhope
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 12 2012, 01:16 AM) *

QUOTE(struckn @ Sep 10 2012, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 7 2012, 12:33 PM) *

Looks like the two pictures below were taken at the same time but from two different vantage points ...

idea.gif

The cars on the ground have side reflector lights, where as the ones on the train do not. Didn't the cars sold in Europe come without the reflectors and the ones sent to the US have them?

idea.gif

Doug

In response to your original questiom.......
Euro 914s had no side markers (reflectors in your terms).
US 914s DID have side markers - all of them! Plain and simple as that. Hope that answers your question.
Pat

Am I right in thinking...the side marker lights were US ...BUT weren't Japan and Sweden or Denmark given 'side markers' also, which were slightly different or more like just reflectors? And also, didnt Sweden/Denmark also get a passenger mirror as standard??
PancakePorsche
Denmark and Japan side marker lens had no reflex because they were turn signals. This prevented "fantom" illumination from reflection, the total opposite of US lenses.Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
early prototype testing....or /8 testing.....or component testing... or ????
Ferg
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 17 2013, 04:40 PM) *

IPB Image

This may have been brought up before, but doesn't the sail trim look extra large in this picture?

Nevermind, just looked at the rest of the pics of this car, all is normal, must be light reflection.
boxstr
It appears to be a reflection, making the trim look twice as thick.
Craig at CAMP
McMark
Not factory, but historical. Stolen from Reddit. From 1973.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Porsche/comments/6...amp;sh=3621a0d6
nathanxnathan
Seems like a good place for this. Video quality improves at about 1 minute in. There's a lot of footage of testing at what I think is the test track at Ehra-Lessien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKRi01Z2TRY

The test car looks a lot like mine, a 70 or 71 Tangerine (I think) standard equipment car. piratenanner.gif

Oops, looking back, I see Larss already posted that...

I was looking through my old computer, and came upon some screenshots I took from another video, that used to be up on a German site called Autobilt. It's gone now but it had some additional shots of 914's on the lot waiting for transport and some test track footage. I wish I could find the video again. I'm not sure if I could have got these higher res..

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.