Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuch wheel refinishing - 4 lug -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
I'm looking to buy this set of wheels. Two are painted. Looks like they may have been painted by the owner since the paint line on the edge looks real uneven and the wheel weight has black paint on it. There is some curb rash on the silver wheels. I posted the worst pic. These don't have to be show quality, but I would like them to look nice.

If I strip the black paint off with a paint stripper will they look like the silver ones? Would I have to have them media, soda or sand blasted. Any experience or comments appreciated. How much would you estimate refinish cost? What would you pay for these wheels?

These were the best 4 of the lot and spun up true.
3d914
steu,

I removed the anodizing on the inset part of the wheels before I did mine in black. If the PO did the same on painted ones, they will not look like the other two that still have it.

However, I thought I saw someone who had their wheels redone and treated them in such a way as to appear the same as the original - just can't recall who or where.

Keep us posted on the results.
steuspeed
It looks like the black paint is flaking off badly. If they were originally silver and just rattle canned I was hoping I could match them. Wondering if I can get the paint off without damaging the anodizing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.