Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need help with wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
headbang.gif Ok lets calm down,,i am putting the wiring harness back in the car and I need some info,, there are 3 wire under the steering column a brown ( ground) a grey/ red ( that has power when the light are on and a black/blue,, where do they go ??

other thing , the f..ing flasher relay,, it just vibrates, but at 40$ that is too expensive anyone did a 3 prong or 2 prong conversion,, even if you need two relay ,, those are 6$ each so !! headbang.gif
Joe Ricard
I just bought a Flasher relay from the FLAPS near me. works OK.
Got to get back to you on the Black/ Blue wire But, My 1st guess is for the brights switch to the relay.
aveale
When I was working on interior lights, the black and blue was the one that would attach to my instrument lighting (little bulbs).

Fun eh?

T
freezing14
Hey it is good to hear from you Aveale,, I tried to call you once or twice but you sure are busy,, we should schedule some kind of meeting this week end,, go for a beer.gif

i just love doing wiring... ( very sarcastic) I had to install it from scratch after the paint, but I was not in the car when I got it super fun!!!@#$%$# headbang.gif

joe you mention the bright switch!! make sens but how does it look where does it goes,, because when the grey touch the ground I can hear a relay clicking , I was wondering about the bright but the car was mostly naked when I got it
aveale
freezing,

just emailed you.

pls call

T
Joe Ricard
There is a black/ Blue for the instrument lights. 74 and on shows an additional black blue coming off the Reostate output. Goes to part 62 ? Totally does not make sense. What ya got to do is get the Haynes manual and a Magnifying glass.

I have the magnifying glass permanently marking the page.
aveale
Freezing,

I have a Haynes.

I can send you a copy fax whenever.

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.