Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Light interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Has anyone purchased a complete interior, light color like light beige or linen from one of the suppliers?
World Upholstry or others?

Can you post pics of the colors, the basket weave type and if you had a pro install it or did you DIY?

rich
rhodyguy
here's a color sample i refer to as biege. from the interior in the 70'. don't know what porsche calls it.
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 18 2012, 05:42 PM) *

Has anyone purchased a complete interior, light color like light beige or linen from one of the suppliers?
World Upholstry or others?

Can you post pics of the colors, the basket weave type and if you had a pro install it or did you DIY?

rich

Rich,

The car I just bought this week has a complete new interior, I havent looked closely at it yet, but I think I have all of the recipts, so I'll take a look and send you the details and pics. The thread I started yesterday on this car shows a few interior shots.

Love to meet up some time, I'm just west of the city

-Adam
Tom_T
Rich,

World Uphol. & Autos International will send you free fabric samples, just go to their websites to pick which colors you want to try.

Bad news for us folks with Beige interiors, is that nobody is making the basketweave in that color. AFAIK, all they do is run the smooth vinyl through a heat press or rollers to imprint the basketweave. So since they're still making black, maybe if enough of us will need Beige Basketweave, then maybe AI or World will request a special run?

Rhody - Porsche calls that Beige (#31 interior code if with basketweave inserts, not sure of others).

Jeff Bowlsby's site has a good sampling of the dealer interior & paint color docs for most MYs.

Cheers from trip in ABQ! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rhodyguy
tom, the beige#31 on the 70' interior does not have the basket weave any where on the interior. seat insets, door panels, etc. sort of a embossed leather effect.

k
bembry
As far as tan interiors go, does anyone do the tan corduroy inserts? Maybe that could be an option to get around the basketweave, at least on the seats. Mine was built with it (despite what my crappy COA says) and if new, would look pretty sharp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.