I am considering selling my 1971 914-6 3.2 Liter conversion. I purchased this last year from here on the board from a gentleman in North Carolina.
I had a PPI done by Black Forest, in NC, before finalizing the purchase and they confirmed that this car was solid and the conversion was done right.
The PO was having an intermittent problem with the car starting which reared up upon my receiving it. My mechanic changed the temperature sensor and the DME relay and then decided there was something loose in the DME itself which he took care of. The car starts every time on the first crank and runs great so mission accomplished. Other then a couple of short rides the car has sat in storage since then. I was considering using the car for some DE events this spring so I sent it to another shop to have them go through the car again. They rebuilt the rear calipers and pads, put in fresh spark plugs, changed the oil and said it is ready for anything. Unfortunately with all of my other projects I am not, so I think it is time to let one go.

Rather then me re-writing the details here is what the last owner posted.

"1971 914/6 3.2 Carrera conversion. True mileage on chassis and engine unknown. Indicated odometer reading is approx 85k miles. Chassis: Third-owner car. Repainted to original silver color after bare metal strip approx 10 yrs ago. No bondo or collisions. Garaged or covered last 13 years. Rust free with VERY minor hail damage, not visible under most conditions. No cracks in windshield. Appearance Group [chrome bumpers, fog lights, rollbar vinyl, chrome trim, factory gauges in center console]. Engine: 3.2 911 engine with DME [Bosch Motronic]. Factory new oil tank. 911 filler, filter console and dipstick. Aftermarket oil lines. Rich Johnson firewall engine mount with dual 911 sport rubber mounts. Bursch headers. Factory 911 muffler. Optima battery on reinforced battery box. 914 side-shifter trans modified to accept DME sensors. 3.2 flywheel with 911 clutch. Metal rear valence and outer rocker panels. Suspension and brakes: Carrera suspension and brakes. 911 master cylinder. Stainless DOT-approved brake lines. Bronze pedal bushings. Recent gas pedal replacement [no wobbles]. 914/6 rear rotors on 5-lug hubs. 16x6 911SC wheels. Bilstein shocks with adjustable spring perches. Weltmeister front sway bar. 205 50-15 Yokohama AVS ES-100s. No cracks in dash. New carpet kit installed. Factory speaker mounts in great condition. Weltmeister short shifter. New nylon shifter bushings. New Konig seat, [Passenger seat pad needs recovering], MOMO Monte Carlo wheel and shift knob. New carpet. Factory multi-function gauge, Carrera tach. VDO oil pressure gauge/sender. Not perfect, but a beautiful, fast, and very fun car."

Passenger seat has been repaired using original basketweave material. The car will come with an excellent set of factory side view mirrors, new basket weave dash fascia material and some other miscellaneous spares.

Looking for $18,000.00

Here is one pic from the PO. I will take and post more as soon as possible.

Thanks - Chris

Click to view attachment