Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: So, who wants to compare how hot it is?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
Tulsa, OK

measured @ 36th & harvard.

Time: 2:06pm CST
Temp: 106.9 *F
Heat Index: 118*F
Humidity: 32%

Stillwater, OK

measured @ East Side

Time: 2:08pm CST
Temp: 105.0 *F
Heat Index: 109*F
Humidity: 27%

Tulsa, OK

measured @ 36th & harvard.

Time: 2:10pm CST
Temp: 107.4 *F
Heat Index: 119*F
Humidity: 32%
6freak
A cool 68 degrees in Seattle right now... slight over cast..just how i like it...I dont like the heat
smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
How hot was it? It was sooo hot. I saw a hound dog chasing a jack rabbit and they were both walking. laugh.gif
6freak
Click to view attachment

be careful ....thats like 145+ the your body with that humidity
VaccaRabite
Our worst day was Wednesday. 102 degrees but 90% humidity. FINALLY got a thunderstorm to break the heat wave. Yesterday was nicer, and today it has rained ALL DAY, slow and steady.

Its been great!

Zach
struckn
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 20 2012, 02:27 PM) *

Our worst day was Wednesday. 102 degrees but 90% humidity. FINALLY got a thunderstorm to break the heat wave. Yesterday was nicer, and today it has rained ALL DAY, slow and steady.

Its been great!

Zach

YES ! agree.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
rhodyguy
right now...some sprinkles earlier, 66* and prob 80% for humidity. all of the air conditioners are open. tomorrow.. broken clouds and mid 70s.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 20 2012, 06:27 PM) *

Our worst day was Wednesday. 102 degrees but 90% humidity.

Same here, but though it's cooled down a bit we have no rain.
No fires allowed, we are under a burn ban.

Do we have a sweating smiley? dry.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 20 2012, 02:27 PM) *

A cool 68 degrees in Seattle right now... slight over cast..just how i like it...I dont like the heat
smile.gif

beerchug.gif It's good to be here in the PNW. . .

PeeGreen 914
agree.gif Being in LA last week was a great reminder of how beautiful it is up here.
Bleyseng
Way down south here at the Equator, it was 88F and 88% humidity and it was a cool day with a nice tropical hard rainshower mid day to cool it off.

68F degrees is cold!!! I think last night it got down to 75F...kinda chilly.
02loftsmoor
only 104 what a bunch of sissies call me when it's 116
SirAndy
Not too bad on the coast but the inland is well over 100F right now.
blink.gif
TheCabinetmaker
But its only 105 in dallas right now. Same as tulsa and phoenix. Yuma is 108.

Its July. Its always over 100 in July. Big deal!
02loftsmoor
you said it , much cooler than last year bit of a chill

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jul 21 2012, 05:02 PM) *

But its only 105 in dallas right now. Same as tulsa and phoenix. Yuma is 108.

Its July. Its always over 100 in July. Big deal!

02loftsmoor
10:00pm and it's still 90 beer.gif
Elliot Cannon
Forecast for 102 f tomorrow in Paso Robles. Tomorrow night forecast 52 f.
Ian Stott
It was in the high 80's this week, all the air conditioners for sale were snapped up and I don't have one! I thought I was gonna die! (I think it is whatever you are used to) When I was in the Air Force we used to go to Bermuda quite a bit and that was a killer but after a week you got used to it. Can't imagine what it must be like there in the summer time!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
TheCabinetmaker
That reminds me of my time spent in southeast Asia in the late sixties. The three months before monsoon season was regularly over 120 degrees. My barracks was not air conditioned. I lay in my bed in a pool of my own sweat. I never got used to it, and have never forgotten that miserable heat and humidity. I still cannot sleep in a hot room in the summer. A fan blowing on me blew my body hair and felt like bugs were crawling all over me. I keep my bedroom at about 65 now. sleeping outside now is out of the question. It was like living in hell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.