Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1,314 miles later and it's home (with pics)...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Left South Carolina yesterday around 11:30 am bound for Cleveland, OH and returned at 6:30 this evening with this....1973 2.0 with Appearance Group.

Details: Bought from the second owner who only had it a year. Original owner was forced to sell after developing medical issues. Have a large number of receipts including the sales order. He traded in a '67 Rambler!

Car currently has a running 1.7 or 1.8. Original engine dropped a valve (see picture). Original engine case, head, fuel injection, tins, transaxle, etc. included.
Mostly original paint, good glass, garaged most of its life.

Comes with 5 Fuchs...and pretty bad hell hole/long rust. Floors and trunks are good.

Build date of 10/72.

Haven't decided what I'm going to do with ths one..... idea.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
TargaToy
Nice...Congrats! Although I did cringe a bit at the rust in the long. Not surprising but, blech biggrin.gif

And I forgot how much I used to like the Drew Carey song. Went and found it on youtube after your post reminded me. Thanks!
billh1963
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Jul 21 2012, 11:10 PM) *

Nice...Congrats! Although I did cringe a bit at the rust in the long. Not surprising but, blech biggrin.gif

The long is a turn off. But, the rest of the car seems to be solid. I'll spend more time investigating today....was too tired last night! biggrin.gif
reharvey
Very nice find. I see that the engine case has a hole in it. Car is really solid considering where it came from----right in my part of the world.
wingnut86
I'll trade you the complete motor out of my 72' for your interior and seats...

Keep the FI, mine had this removed beer.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(reharvey @ Jul 22 2012, 07:47 AM) *

Very nice find. I see that the engine case has a hole in it. Car is really solid considering where it came from----right in my part of the world.

I see lots of holes! biggrin.gif

I don't see any that shouldn't be there? of course, i haven't really looked at it!
billh1963
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Jul 22 2012, 04:02 PM) *

I'll trade you the complete motor out of my 72' for your interior and seats...

Keep the FI, mine had this removed beer.gif

Might keep this one. Been checking out the floors, trunks, etc....looking good other than the hellhole and long!
DRPHIL914
ive been gone for 2 weeks and just got back- very nice--- project. looks like a little bit of work for Scotty B. poke.gif , and an engine rebuild too?

- i drove 3400 miles from here to MN and back, and did not see one 914 on the road! or a pasture, nothing that was close enough to go look at- but i did not drive thru Ohio, apparently that is where i should have gone. confused24.gif

Glad you keep finding these- save them from eventual destruction!!!!!!
billh1963
Think I will keep this one. The only rust I see is the hell hole and long. The rest is super solid. Much more solid than the green car that Scott has been working on for me. I'll sell this running engine (pretty sure it's a 1.8) and either rebuild the original 2.0 or get anothe one to put in. driving.gif
SUNAB914
Bill, can I buy the muffler from you sometime? Meet you at scotty's next time your there, if you want to sell it?
SUNAB914
Oh Phil the Boxster man is back! Thought he disappeared!
SUNAB914
That engine case is broke! Nothing but scrap now.
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:37 PM) *

dry.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:35 PM) *

Bill, can I buy the muffler from you sometime? Meet you at scotty's next time your there, if you want to sell it?

Absolutely! Only 2.0L (or bigger0) in my future!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:36 PM) *

Ha bootyshake.gif - you are just jealous poke.gif

-was on vacation- 3333 miles to minnesota and back- almost brought back a '65 ford- (mom has it right now- my uncle was original owner-)
-it's mine when i want it( or when i have room for it)

- but i did run the 914 as soon as i got home driving.gif - after 1 month, started right up!!

billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 2 2012, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:36 PM) *

Ha bootyshake.gif - you are just jealous poke.gif

-was on vacation- 3333 miles to minnesota and back- almost brought back a '65 ford- (mom has it right now- my uncle was original owner-)
-it's mine when i want it( or when i have room for it)

- but i did run the 914 as soon as i got home driving.gif - after 1 month, started right up!!

Your 914 will fit in the trunk!
SUNAB914
Ha! You got me.
Will the galaxy be a low rider?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 2 2012, 03:30 PM) *

Ha! You got me.
Will the galaxy be a low rider?

Na, i couldnt do that to it, its an all original, no rust clean car- i think it has to stay stock - has 85,k miles but less than 10 k in the last 10 year, always garaged- Arkansas car. has a few minor scratches on the front hood but that's it.
(would make a mean lowrider if that was what you wanted)
wingnut86
That "Gal" screams GLASSPACKS!

Vroom, Vroom happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
cgnj
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 2 2012, 10:37 AM) *

Looks like the side with the sn is good.

Ian Stott
If you decide to sell a few parts I would be interested in the mirror and the clock if it is working. Same year and colour as mine, hope you restore to like new, mine's getting there, one little improvement at a time!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
billh1963
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Aug 2 2012, 06:39 PM) *

If you decide to sell a few parts I would be interested in the mirror and the clock if it is working. Same year and colour as mine, hope you restore to like new, mine's getting there, one little improvement at a time!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Ian,
If I decide to sell I'll let you know. I am leaning towards restoration at this point!

Thanks,
Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.