Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carrera916 I got your photos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I hope these will do. Hey Jake can you shed light on these. You seemed interested in them. Anyone else who knows about them or want to chime in feel free wavey.gif
spare time toys
view 2
spare time toys
view 3
spare time toys
view 4
spare time toys
and view 5 the tin duct thing on the front of fan is coming off its a P/O thing.
spare time toys
Quick bump to be sure Carrera916 sees this.
Carrera916
Hey....

thanks for showing....yeah, it is a later Solex carb based on the texture of the body surface (carb body)....the ones I worked on were sand cast type for 4 cammers....however, the ones you have are also used in most 356...some use the Zeniths which I personally think it's piece a crap....

I can maybe see why Jake likes the manifolds....it looks like a beefy one that can withstand any BS going on in the engine compartment confused24.gif

....and what I see and like the most, is the way it holds the crossbar linkage system, independently from the carbs...that's neat if you need to pull the carb fast out without having to mess around with the crossbar....neat...

so Jake, what's got you all "woody" over the manifolds?

i'm curious to know.... wink.gif
Brett W
You want to part with those. I will trade you two sets of adapted Weber manifolds with different port configurations plus an acceptable amount of cash.
spare time toys
QUOTE(Brett W @ Oct 22 2004, 04:23 PM)
You want to part with those. I will trade you two sets of adapted Weber manifolds with different port configurations plus an acceptable amount of cash.

How does a Weber mount to the manifold? Or whats Weber adapted? Not sure if I want to part with them just yet cause then I would have to find carbs, manifolds,and linkage when I have it now. Im just not sure if this is going to be a headach carb set up like some have sugested.
spare time toys
icon_bump.gif one last time in the hope Jake will fill us in confused24.gif
rhodyguy
my guess is short runner length.
davep
Interestingly, a very early 914/4 came to the US with this type of set-up. It was not DOT certified so could not be licenced. So this particular design was around as early as 1969. Does anyone recall the details of the kit used for racing?
Brett W
I will modify the weber intakes to mount your Solex carbs so that it will be a direct swap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.