Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low members
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in people posting and viewing in the last 4+ months ? Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it seems like this time the last few years we;ve had a lot more people logged on at any given time. The garage page was constantly moving where it seems to have seriously slowed down lately. Is it just me ?

FWIW I blame all this on balljoint, Erc, and Baja's shennanigans dry.gif

Oh and then there's Zach....yes Zacharias is an issue as well..................
speed metal army
Its Zach's avatar.Its scary!
SirAndy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 21 2012, 09:51 PM) *

Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in people posting and viewing in the last 4+ months ? Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it seems like this time the last few years we;ve had a lot more people logged on at any given time. The garage page was constantly moving where it seems to have seriously slowed down lately. Is it just me ?

Just you ...

It's always a bit slower in the summer time but we're right where we were last year in July.
I've been using Google analytics for the site for years now.

In the summer time it's between 1200 and 1500 unique visitors a day and in the winter time it's between 1500 and 1800 unique visitors per day.

type.gif
Elliot Cannon
Don't worry Scotty. Everything is just fine. Nothing to be concerned about. It's all under control. happy11.gif lol-2.gif
JawjaPorsche
It's summer time! We are out driving our teeners or working on them in the garage or driveway! In about five months we will be freezing again and will be at the keyboard!
benalishhero
It's because we are all driving.gif and smash.gif welder.gif
rhodyguy
everyone has figured out how wide of a tire they can fit on their 914.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(benalishhero @ Jul 22 2012, 07:24 AM) *

It's because we are all driving.gif and smash.gif welder.gif

That and IPB Image and IPB Image.

At least, for me its mostly those and not so much the driving, smashing and welding.

Zach
cary
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 22 2012, 04:12 AM) *

It's summer time! We are out driving our teeners or working on them in the garage or driveway! In about five months we will be freezing again and will be at the keyboard!

That's my theory too. Looks like Andy's data backs it up.
Gint
When I saw the title I thought this thread was going to be about Clay and/or Slits.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 22 2012, 12:19 PM) *

When I saw the title I thought this thread was going to be about Clay and/or Slits.

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
balljoint
Did Zach just admit that he wears a diaper and crawls around the office?!?

That's weird.

I can't be blamed for anything. Nobody knows who I am.

Most of my threads go unanswered. I have never once had anyone compliment me on my Bug Build thread. It's almost like the default board settings have me on ignore...

Oh.

Nevermind.

TheCabinetmaker

Now that was low.

QUOTE(balljoint @ Jul 22 2012, 12:48 PM) *

Did Zach just admit that he wears a diaper and crawls around the office?!?

That's weird.

I can't be blamed for anything. Nobody knows who I am.

Most of my threads go unanswered. I have never once had anyone compliment me on my Bug Build thread. It's almost like the default board settings have me on ignore...

Oh.

Nevermind.

And you are who? beer.gif
EdwardBlume
What are the google stats on the old club site? av-943.gif
McMark
You're looking at the list at the bottom of the forum page, right?

I'm pretty sure the dead-sessions drop off sooner. When you shut off your computer, or walk away there is a certain amount of time while the site software still thinks you're active. If we set that timeout to a long time you'll see a long list of people, but most of them will be inactive sessions. By shortening that timeout, it'll look like less people are online. But the truth is that the same amount of people are viewing.
Ian Stott
I log on almost every day but I don't always post. Just finished the 2nd annual New Brunswick PCA tour and it was great, lots of work though, I am hoping someone else will take a turn at organizing something! I made this years tour the Acadian Tour, did some historical sites, and gave everyone a taste of Acadie until lunch, which was fantastic and then we had a "spirited driving" afternoon until the end point. I don't post as often as others as I don't have any success posting pics and I am not in the same league as others on the site for mechanical things, but boy do I ever appreciate this group of people and the admins who make this site possible, kudo"s to you guys!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 22 2012, 12:30 PM) *

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 22 2012, 03:09 PM) *

finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif

Those are pretty big fingers for a little guy!
lol-2.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 23 2012, 10:48 AM) *

lol-2.gif

Makes up for the inadequate size of the impotent finger.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 23 2012, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 23 2012, 10:48 AM) *

lol-2.gif

Makes up for the inadequate size of the impotent finger.

Just remember, I can easily whoop up on your old, wrinkley @ss.

slits.gif
76-914
my mind went to a Garth Brooks medley
jsayre914
I am here for you Scotty
wub.gif
skaufmann
I think the issues with not being able to subscribe to threads causes lower postings. I'm more likely to hop on the site if I get an email of a reply to a thread I'm watching. Otherwise I hop on every could days or so and just lurk.
Eric_Shea
we're right where we were last year in July

Uniques are one thing; How about post and thread counts?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 24 2012, 10:31 PM) *

Fair enough, and since you are an admin, why don't you look that up?
biggrin.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 25 2012, 01:23 PM) *

biggrin.gif

He can't even come up with a "reply all" button for PMs! Why would you think he was capable of anything at all?
MDG
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jul 25 2012, 06:22 PM) *

He can't even come up with a "reply all" button for PMs! Why would you think he was capable of anything at all?

Funny. I didn't even know Erc was still on this board. confused24.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jul 25 2012, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 25 2012, 01:23 PM) *

biggrin.gif

It sounds like the Canadians just launched an attack on Utah. I hope they leave all the beaver in one piece and don't strip the fur.

IPB Image

Obviously, they are flying their flag upside down. WhoooRah to the Marines,
MDG
ohmy.gif

Click to view attachment
SLITS
That is so wrong ... so very wrong. Erc would never wear red ... it has to be PINK SALMON.
MDG
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 26 2012, 08:49 AM) *

That is so wrong ... so very wrong. Erc would never wear red ... it has to be PINK SALMON.

True but Clay really pulls off the look.
SLITS
QUOTE(MDG @ Jul 26 2012, 08:11 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 26 2012, 08:49 AM) *

True but Clay really pulls off the look.

Did Clay get the medal for being the shortest officer in the RCMP or for riding a Shetland Pony?
MDG
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 26 2012, 11:28 AM) *

Did Clay get the medal for being the shortest officer in the RCMP or for riding a Shetland Pony?

His boots with the lifts in them tend to drag when he rides Diablo, his Shetland.

Not sure why he got a medal. idea.gif
Steve
Maybe I'm paranoid, but there are allot of cars for sale.
balljoint
I thought we had decided to find other ways to pick on Clayitsjustclaydammitnotclayton?

confused24.gif

EricunderscoreShea is fair game on any point I guess...especially the man-boobs, as evidenced recently in the sandbox.
ClayPerrine
Hey!!!
I look DAMN good in that uniform. I love the color! biggrin.gif

But having to stand next to Erc... now that is scary!
ClayPerrine
This is for all the Canadians on the board.

Did you hear about the Newfie who went Ice Fishing?

He caught 10 pounds of Ice.

piratenanner.gif

That is my father in law's favorite joke..........
scotty b
why is it that every time I ask a serious question, a bunch of jerks highjack my thread and turn it into some ridiculous phtoshop thread full of nonsensicle comments ? mad.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 26 2012, 10:12 PM) *

why is it that every time I ask a serious question, a bunch of jerks highjack my thread and turn it into some ridiculous phtoshop thread full of nonsensicle comments ? mad.gif

Because we like you?

Naaaa... that is definitely not the reason. poke.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 26 2012, 08:12 PM) *

That's Mr. Jerk to you Bucco! evilgrin.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 26 2012, 07:12 PM) *

Maybe you are the new Pat Garvey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.