Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 2.0 fuel flow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jesco Reient
After 9 years I'm getting back to the 914, Thanks in advance for any help.

On the D-Jetronic for the 1973 914 2.0 There is a hose on each end of the injector manifold, I am assuming one hose is the return line and one hose is the pressure from the pump. Am I correct in thinking that the hose on the passenger side that goes to the manifold supplies pressure to the injectors and that the hose coming out of the Pressure regulator by-passes the excess pressure back to the tank?
John
TheCabinetmaker
Yes, fuel comes to the rail on the passenger side, then to the drivers, then thru the reg, and back to the tank.
Dave_Darling
Almost.

The fuel rail on the right gets fuel from the fuel pump going into the rear fitting. The front fitting takes the fuel across the engine to the left side fuel rail. The aft fitting on that rail takes fuel to the pressure regulator, which dumps excess fuel back to the tank.

Check the hose diagrams available on Pelican and elsewhere for how the hoses hook up.

--DD
TheCabinetmaker
Well, mr darling gave a more detailed description, but he's kinda anal that way. wavey.gif Hi Dave.
Dave_Darling
Sorry, Curt--you posted your reply while I was writing mine! I meant "almost" as a response to the original post.

--DD
Jesco Reient
Thank You both very much, I figured with the age of all the components it was time to inspect the components and change everything rubber in there.
John
TheCabinetmaker
I was just funnin with ya dave. you are(of course) absolutely correct
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.