Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will 1.8 L fuel injectors work on a 2.0L engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rnellums
I have a 74 2.0L engine with 1 leaky green top injector. I have a line on a replacement in short order but they are for 1.8L green top injectors. I read that the 1.8L injectors may flow a bit less, but it wasn't confirmed. Whats the difference? Am i good to go for it?

-Ross
dlee6204
No, one reason is that they have different electrical connectors.
dlee6204
Double Post
JeffBowlsby
Different electical connections and they flow 1/2 what the 2.0 injectors flow.
r_towle
Wow,

1/2 is a huge difference.

I wonder if this is a simple way to pass an emmissions test smile.gif
Dave_Darling
Nope. In fact, HCs will probably go up because the mixture will be too lean to easily burn. If, in fact, it runs at all.

--DD
ClayPerrine
The reason for the 1.8L injectors being half the flow is due to the way the FI systems differ. The D-Jet system has trigger points that pulse the injectors once per revolution, resulting in a semi-sequential injection system. The L-Jet system pulses the injectors every time the coil fires. This is a batch injections system, and it injects half the fuel onto the back of the closed intake valve, and the next pulse injects the rest.

Don't try to sub L-Jet injectors for D-Jet injectors. It doesn't work.

Dave_Darling
The Cap'n also tells us that the Bosch reps trained the mechanics never to swap injectors between D-jet and L-jet systems because you can fry the ECU. I'm not exactly sure of the mechanism of that, but those were the guys who designed the system, so...

--DD
rnellums
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll stick to PN 0 280 150 019 !
Drums66
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 23 2012, 04:00 PM) *

The Cap'n also tells us that the Bosch reps trained the mechanics never to swap injectors between D-jet and L-jet systems because you can fry the ECU. I'm not exactly sure of the mechanism of that, but those were the guys who designed the system, so...

--DD

.......Cap'n.....explain that 1,......please??
echocanyons
Are the L-jet 0280150105 injectors interchangable with the 0280150112 injectors?

The specs on the sheet look identical.

Cupomeat
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Jul 31 2012, 05:20 PM) *

--DD

Digging in the brain for this one, which I knew well once.

What I remember is that the L-Jet simplified and improved longevity/reliability on the L-Jet by running a ground for all the injectors out through a resistor pack, this reduced the load on the injectors and the ECU.

I'll dig some more. idea.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Jul 31 2012, 06:01 PM) *

Are the L-jet 0280150105 injectors interchangable with the 0280150112 injectors?

The specs on the sheet look identical.

It is my understanding they are both 022 906 031C and can be interchanged.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jul 31 2012, 08:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Drums66 @ Jul 31 2012, 05:20 PM) *

--DD

Digging in the brain for this one, which I knew well once.

What I remember is that the L-Jet simplified and improved longevity/reliability on the L-Jet by running a ground for all the injectors out through a resistor pack, this reduced the load on the injectors and the ECU.

I'll dig some more. idea.gif

It's not the grounds, it is the power feed for the injectors that run through the resistor pack. The ECU actually switches the injectors to ground.

FYI.. .the same resistor pack, with a different plug, was used on all the 1980s Datsun/Nissan cars that came with the licensed built L-jet system, including the 280ZX.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.