Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race Car Anyone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Green GT2 914 w/o engine

Here is the owners website:

http://www.dcautomotive.com/transfer/914race.html
Brad Roberts
Whoa.. peel back the skin and its ragged wreck.

Looks good from the outside.

It also appears that they removed the good shocks from the rear before the Ebay sale.

Good start for somebody.

I dont think I have seen that much square tube in quite some time.

B
Britain Smith
They also went a little nuts on the cage inside the cabin...

You like the camo look with all the black painted areas. I wonder where they got the green ducktape for the front valence.

-Britain
meursault
For a race car, it has a significant LACK of instrumentation. First thing to install is one big ass oil light. Even most self-respecting street cars have oil temp and pressure gauges...geez.

I don't know why they even bothered to keep those doors hinged. You gotta climb over the cage anyway...
Brad Roberts
Hum... you wouldnt like my race car..LOL

Oil temp and pressure
Alt light
Oil light

I gave up on gauges.. By the time I see something happening.. its too late.

I havent met a person yet.. who has saved a engine because the light came on.. its normally too late..LOL

B
meursault
No problem with that, Brad. You 've got the essentials. You're right about the oil light, but hell, go big for that sense of security. Use the space created when you ditch the gauge you don't really need---the speedo.
meursault
Maybe the big ass light should be the alternator light...so that you can do something about that fan belt lunching itself before you overheat. Just a thought.
Brad Roberts
Now your really going to hate me..

I like to run a speedo. I can quickly glance down and get and idea of entry speed into and out of a turn. I like to use the 120 speedo because it has the smaller increments. I dont do this during a race.. but during practice sessions and open track days....

Its much easier in something with a digital speedo.

B
Jeroen
This is what... the 3rd time dc-automotive has it on ebay?
MJHanna
I like the home return air vent screen used on the front hood. smash.gif
brant
I recently bought gauges for the new race car:

-oil temp (small)
-oil pressure (small)
-oil light (the beam style)
-alt light (the beam style)
-tack with shift light/beam style ..(to better educate myself on downshifts.. not upshifting)

brant
VegasRacer
QUOTE(meursault @ May 12 2003, 11:39 PM)
You're right about the oil light, but hell, go big for that sense of security.

I've got mine rewired so that the big stock parking brake light is now the oil light.

Cheap (free) upgrade for a false sence of security.
URY914
That car must a a TON!
All that big ass tubing has to add up.

Paul
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 13 2003, 07:21 AM)
That car must a a TON!
All that big ass tubing has to add up.

Paul

It seems like a cage like that would make you feel invincible in traffic.
ChrisReale
QUOTE(meursault @ May 13 2003, 12:45 AM)
Maybe the big ass light should be the alternator light...so that you can do something about that fan belt lunching itself before you overheat. Just a thought.

If yo bust an alternator belt in a stock 4 banger, it woulod just wear out the battery right? It wouldnt overheat because the fan is attached to the crank...??? I should know this sad.gif
Dave_Darling
That's right, Chris.

Heh, it would be funny to buy this and then stick a 1.7 (or 1.8?) with a single-carb setup into it. Then show up at all the local track days.... lol2.gif

--DD
L8Apex
This one was really nice. Awsome deal, but already ended like a few days ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2415050777
street legal go-kart
did anyone else notice the welds on this thing ?
living proof that not everyone should own/use a wire feed welder
you would be better off strting with a bare tub .
just my 2 cents being a neewbie and all laugh.gif
jt
street legal go-kart
if you want to see some nice examples of weldig see chris foleys new post on 356 exhaust
jt
L8Apex
I like the green car's front air vent. It's one of those vent things in your house for the heater/ac/fan.
Brad Roberts
OK.. So how did I miss the FP car ?? That is friggin cheap.. even if the engine blown.. that was cheap.

I need to check on my gang.. they people who watch EBAY for me.. YOU ARE ALL fired.

Britain
JonW
Strat
Mueller

B
Britain Smith
I think I would have bought that car for that price. I could throw a motor in it and get on the track in no time. I will need to get back into the ebay game.

-Britain
Britain Smith
Speaking of ebay...Look at this nice example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2414122330
Brad Roberts
That is a pisser.

Contact the owner and tell him you'll buy it if the bid winner backs out.

I think that car was listed on the club site here.. with no pics.

B
cha914
Man, I hope he didn't sell that car for 6500...i am kicking myself already...that is one smoken deal if thats what it went for...
L8Apex
yeah, thanks to me.... I saw that FP 914 and was totally blown away by the price. Wayyyyyy worth the money. And yes, I believe it does cost over $20K to build the same car. I really really want to know why he wanted to sell it for that cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.