Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil cooler add on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
A kit that does the job, and includes a thermostat? I've done a bit of searching but haven't found one to work on a type 4 with a stat that opens in the 190* range....

Thanks
jim_hoyland
Try the BAT web site ?
JStroud
I couldn't find a "kit" when I added mine, I ended up buying the components and fittings and made my own kit. I used summit racing, Livermore performance, and aircooled.net. To buy my parts.
Good luck, hope this helps.

Jeff
Dave_Darling
I used a "sandwich plate" adaptor, cooler, and thermostat from Earl's. Not sure where I bought them, it was many years ago. I bought a fan and thermostat switch from Summit (switch didn't get here in time so it is not installed yet). I bought my hoses and fittings from a local hydraulic supply shop.

It took me quite a few trips there to get the lines and such correct. The "-10" lines do not bend very easily and have a large bend radius, so I wound up re-buying everything in "-8" to get everything to fit where I wanted. The fittings in the sandwich plate I used are 3/8" anyway, so those are the most restrictive part. I figured going down to 1/2" hose ("-8") wouldn't hurt things at all.

--DD
Dennis
QUOTE(jsconst @ Jul 23 2012, 06:42 AM) *

I couldn't find a "kit" when I added mine, I ended up buying the components and fittings and made my own kit. I used summit racing, Livermore performance, and aircooled.net. To buy my parts.
Good luck, hope this helps.

Jeff

I went to Aircooled.net and got the Setrab single fan pack and went to Racerpartswholesale for a Mocal 180 degree thermostat but I believe they have 190 degree as well.

Dennis
ape914
I run no oil flow thermostat, however the electric fan is on a thermostat. No problems with heating up the oil. one problem I found with the sandwhich adaptor thermostat is the limited space for a quality filter. as filters get smaller they have less filtering capacity, and can be more restrictive, run in bypass mode.

i got a full flow HP 1 filter on a remote filter mount. Very large capacity filter. You can buy a seperate oil flow thermostat and run a remote filter with an remote filter adaptor plate in the stock filter location.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.