Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery Part on 73 914 with 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jesco Reient
While getting my head back into the 914 I have found something I have no idea what it does, or where it really wants to be attached to. The one end went to the air distribution box as is shown in the second picture. The other two ends were just floating around the engine compartment. Could someone tell me what it is and where it goes?

IPB Image

This is the mystery part.

IPB Image

This is where it was hooked up.

Thank you in advance

John
Jesco Reient
also there is another wire in the second picture that I need information on. Thanks in advance.
John
SLITS
It's a thermotime switch. Activates the cold start injector when the temperature is below 20 degrees F or somewhere around that area.

The "mystery" part is the deacceleration valve. Adds extra air to the intake under closed throttle operation for emission control. Also may alleviate backfiring on closed throttle operation.

It also appears that the wire colors are wrong ..

Solid green is auxillary heater blower

Green w/ red trace is oil pressure sender wire (to gauge)

Solid white is to thermotime sensor

SUNAB914
Its a decel valve!
Porschef
2.0 fuel pressure regulator?
type47
delete
SirAndy
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 23 2012, 12:11 PM) *
2.0 fuel pressure regulator?

No. Decel valve using air, not fuel!!!
popcorn[1].gif
bembry
Flux Capacator?
JamesM
Mounts by the MPS, one end hooks to the air filter housing the other to the plenum. Looks like you are missing the special 90deg connector at the plenum. Allows extra air to the engine on decel, you can run without it if you have to.
TheCabinetmaker
The decel valve mounts on the top screw for the MPS. The green wire goes to the oil pressure sender. There should also be I think a red wire to the auxiliary air regulator, and a white wire to the thermo tine switch which should activate around 39 degrees F.
Jesco Reient
Thanks everybody in addition to having let this car sit for 9 years, (because it had Fuel Injection issues) I had not done the prior repairs so I was very frustrated with the car. But we seem to be getting along with each other now.
Jesco Reient
Thanks for the heads up, I traced the wire back and found out the green wire turned into a white wire blink.gif I hope the previous owner isn't an electrician.
John

IPB Image
TheCabinetmaker
Holy crap! did that at least have a wire nut on it?
Jesco Reient

Nope, Just black tape, more inspecting now!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.