Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2056 with 9550 cam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cgnj
Well, I lost the free storage for my deal car and had to get off the dime.
Looking for info regarding 9550 cam and what static compression people are setting these up for. Jakes site says 8:1. Any cheaters out there?

Have a line on an aircooled machine shop in Northern NJ, but he won't be able to do the balancing. Looking for one stop shopping near Philadelphia. Any help?

Thanks in Advance,
Carlos
shuie
Put it all in a box and send it to FAT Performance in Orange, CA.
Thestigz06
QUOTE(shuie @ Jul 23 2012, 09:43 PM) *

agree.gif Theyre the best
cgnj
QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Jul 23 2012, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(shuie @ Jul 23 2012, 09:43 PM) *

agree.gif Theyre the best

Missed the part where I said I lost my storage? I know all the places on the left coat. Used them for my 2270 build. I need a place on the right coast.
shuie
I guess you could ask Jake Raby (Air Cooled Technology) for help.

I'm on the Gulf Coast and I couldn't find anyone closer than FAT that I would want to deal with for engine work.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(cgnj @ Jul 24 2012, 01:27 AM) *

Well, I lost the free storage for my deal car and had to get off the dime.
Looking for info regarding 9550 cam and what static compression people are setting these up for. Jakes site says 8:1. Any cheaters out there?

Have a line on an aircooled machine shop in Northern NJ, but he won't be able to do the balancing. Looking for one stop shopping near Philadelphia. Any help?

Thanks in Advance,
Carlos

I am running 9 to 1 CR and it works great!
TheCabinetmaker
9:1 here too. love it!
blitZ
9:1 here also, with no problems.
rwilner
Chris Foley can hook you up for any machine shop work you need. He's in CT -- you could get to him and back in a day easily.
+4 on 9:1

shuie
QUOTE(rwilner @ Jul 24 2012, 07:04 AM) *

Chris Foley can hook you up for any machine shop work you need. He's in CT -- you could get to him and back in a day easily.

+1. Chris is awesome to deal with. If you can get to him you will be in good shape.
Porschef
+1. 2056 w 9550. Ljet, 9:1
beerchug.gif

Idle is my only slight issue

And go see Chris. Low key and very knowledgeable.
cgnj
4 hours up, 4 back to CFR. Plus I'd be looking at impulse buying while at the shop. I did email Chris, site doesn't actually mention machine shop services.

Anyone ever use this place? http://www.pwr-tech.com/service_maintenance.html
I seem to recall Evil Ed either working there or using them for his cis/turboed motor.

Carlos
ape914
QUOTE(shuie @ Jul 23 2012, 10:32 PM) *

I guess you could ask Jake Raby (Air Cooled Technology) for help.

I'm on the Gulf Coast and I couldn't find anyone closer than FAT that I would want to deal with for engine work.

jake will be no help if you deviate from his 8:1 he does not like his instructions questioned. however go ahead and post on his site if you want to be ignored or belittled. he dont post here anymore.

the compression ratio should be picked by an experienced engine builder. timing, valves, combustion chamber shape, fuel, induction system all play a role in determining the max compression ratio allowed. Compression ratio is not only a function of the cam, but of many things
Valy
The 9550 is basically the webcam #73 with 5 degrees more on the exhaust.

You can run that cam at 9:1 on premium fuel. You should go a bit lower (8.5:1) if the octane is lower. You can also go higher with dished pistons.
In any case, higher compression = heat.

Don't expect too much improvement from higher compression. You're looking at 1-2 hp max.

I plan to have 8.5:1 compression on my 2056.
gothspeed
QUOTE(Valy @ Jul 24 2012, 09:59 AM) *

The 9550 is basically the webcam #73 with 5 degrees more on the exhaust.

You can run that cam at 9:1 on premium fuel. You should go a bit lower (8.5:1) if the octane is lower. You can also go higher with dished pistons.
In any case, higher compression = heat.

Don't expect too much improvement from higher compression. You're looking at 1-2 hp max.

I plan to have 8.5:1 compression on my 2056.

I have 8.5:1 compression on my fresh 2056cc w dual 44IDFs. It will be a daily driver so I did not want to go any higher (hot stop and go traffic at times) on the compression.

What kind of RWHP do you guys see on a 2056cc, 8.5:1, with a 9550 D-jet? I know quite a few guys run this combo. smile.gif
Al Meredith
I have a 2056 that I built with Raby parts. I think I calculated 9.5. I run Premium , No problem. Remember carbs run a little richer ,hence, 9.5 should be OK.
EdwardBlume
What's the HP?
Al Meredith
I'm looking at the Dyno chart....Max Torque 125.2 at the rear wheels and Max HP is 106.6 RWHP. Mine is in a 912E . Over 110 Torque from 3000 RPM to 5600 RPM and over 100 HP at the wheels from 4400 RPM to 5900 rpm. That was with an 009 and 40MM Webers. I now have a Mallory and 44 MM webers. Look at Jakes website and see what he says the engine get on an engine DYNO. It is 120 HP and 130 FtLbs. The torque is the thing that makes it fun to drive and remember the 912E probably weighs at least 500 /700 LBs more than a 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.