Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for rotary carb fuel pump options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
Hi everyone and thank you in advance
I fought more fuel pump problems at the track last weekend
Holleys and the big Carter in the past

(I'm familiar with the facet flapper pump too)

I am now looking for:

-rotary
-small or medium volume
-possibly self regulated
-not plastic hose clamp inlet and outlets, but something with pipe thread I can convert to AN

without boring everyone to death, I need something of less volume than my holley as I'm running dual pumps and a return

I've seen the CB inline pump in my searches but wasn't a fan of the hose clamp ends since I'm running SS fuel lines and AN fittings.

Are there other rotary pumps out there that are low volume/low pressure and folks are using?

thanks in advance to all
brant
nathansnathan
I have a Carter 4070 that has npt in and out - it comes with hose barbs, but could do an fittings into it. It's supposed to be high volume/ low pressure. They say that you do not have to and should not use a regulator on this pump on the site I bought it from, but a vdo in compartment gauge says that it putting out 3.5 psi is bullcrap- it puts out 5 psi at least, so I've got it through a holley regulator to 3.25psi for my dells.

I've had problems with the leads having oil thrown onto them from a cv joint issue, make it not work. Also has this stupid bit of metal to hold the leads on which I've lost, but overall it works alright.

My parts car had a facet pump mounted with some rubber isolation blocks. I was really impressed with how quiet that made it. That through a regulator would work alright too. I would say you need a regulator for whatever pump.
brant
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Jul 24 2012, 10:34 AM) *

I have a Carter 4070 that has npt in and out - it comes with hose barbs, but could do an fittings into it. It's supposed to be high volume/ low pressure. They say that you do not have to and should not use a regulator on this pump on the site I bought it from, but a vdo in compartment gauge says that it putting out 3.5 psi is bullcrap- it puts out 5 psi at least, so I've got it through a holley regulator to 3.25psi for my dells.

I've had problems with the leads having oil thrown onto them from a cv joint issue, make it not work. Also has this stupid bit of metal to hold the leads on which I've lost, but overall it works alright.

My parts car had a facet pump mounted with some rubber isolation blocks. I was really impressed with how quiet that made it. That through a regulator would work alright too. I would say you need a regulator for whatever pump.

I've got the same pump actually
(and also 2 of the holley reds)

but I'm looking for something of lower volume
I'm experiencing an issue where my 2 high volume pumps are competing against each other and I need to find something of lower volume (that ideally would still have NPT inlet/outputs so I could reuse my AN plumbing)

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.