Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Been thinking about selling the 914 or a B0xstr.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys,
I am sure this happens to every 914 owner. confused24.gif I've been busy this year & only took the 914 for a few short rides around the neighborhood lately. I've been thinking I should sell the 914 and replaced it with a Boxstr. with AC and new technology. Well tonight I changed my mind after a long spirited drive. These cars are additive and talk to you when you drive them hard.

STORY:
Took the targa top off and wiped the dust off. Started it up and idle was perfect. Goosed the motor to red line and listened to the deep throated BURSCH muffler. The motor is a F.I. 2.0 liter modified with Raby's 9550 cam and Len's new heads along with a lot of other trick stuff (looks stock). Belted up and on my way to a long sweeping expressway ramp. A GT Mustang was following me on the ramp and I love 2nd. gear and 3rd. gears that pulls like a freight train. The Mustang was struggling to keep up and gave me the thumbs up. Settled into the sweet spot @ 3K to 3.5K RPM and enjoyed the suspension doing it's job. A slight tug on the steering wheel and the 914 goes where it's aimed. Sweet ride cutting through light traffic with lots of looks & thumbs up. I forgot what a joy it is and how it responds to the road. pray.gif pray.gif
Summary: When you have thoughts of selling take a spirited ride and forget those water cooled Boxstrs.

Tom bye1.gif
billh1963
Nice story and nice car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom_T
Ohhhh so purdy Tom! drooley.gif

... and she driving.gif so well, how could you abandon her!!?? confused24.gif

Glad to hear you got your mind straight again! biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
Forget the boxster, get the ford gt!
porbmw
Shame on you for even thinking such thoughts poke.gif

THAT is a very nice looking car!
Babydoll
biggrin.gif Soooooo true!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.