Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS; Complete Turn key v8 conversion- Sale Pending
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JRust
I have bought an LS1 to replace my current setup. Runs & drives & is the all aluminum motor. I still sit at 2190lbs with this setup. This includes the complete drivetrain. It will be a bolt in deal. I will drop it from my car & it can go right in yours. You are welcome to bring your 914 to my house & I will help you do the swap. Obviously you need to have a radiator setup in your car. I do have a Rod Griffin v8 radiator setup I will include with the purchase if needed. The transmission is a fresh build with maybe 500 miles on it. Just a stock build on the tranny. I always kept first gear but was always careful using it.

I was told this build was pushing 260hp when I bought it. My butt thinks thats a little high. I would estimate it being in the 220 range. I have never had it dynoed. I also have no paperwork on the build. I did blow a headgasket at Issaquah WCR a few years ago. When it was replaced my wrench had nothing but great things to say about my motor. He said the build was pretty fresh & it looked great.

I had the exhaust off so I didn't want to start it. I can add some video of it running later.

Price reduced from $3000 to $2500 smile.gif
JRust
I will get the Exhaust put back on this weekend. It's a little dirty too. I'll get it all cleaned up & take some video of it running. I'll post some better pics too. Sorry for the delay sad.gif
bfrymire
Do you have an exact list of what is included? Since this is a carb motor and most 914s are FI, I am assuming that a fuel pump is needed.

So, a list of what is included. And maybe a list of what is needed to make the conversion. Since this is a buick does the firewall need to be modified? And other mods? (Besides a front radiator.)

Who rebuilt the trans? And who rebuilt the motor? What intake / cam / CR etc on the motor?

-- brett

Oops. Looking close at the motor, I see the mechanical fuel pump. smile.gif
JRust
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Jul 28 2012, 06:40 PM) *

Do you have an exact list of what is included?

Motor & everything bolted to it with the exception of my car smile.gif . That includes the Newer Edelbrock 650 electric choke carb (probably a little big but works great). Motor mount along with the Renegade tranny adapters that move the drivetrain back 1 & 1/2". Mechanical fuel pump, Alternator, Sideshift Transmission (rebuilt by me at Dr Evil's Clinic), Basically everything as I drop it from my car.

And maybe a list of what is needed to make the conversion. Since this is a buick does the firewall need to be modified? And other mods? (Besides a front radiator.)

If you keep the current mechanical water pump. You will need to modify your firewall a bit. Behind the drivers seat is fine stock. The center tunnel will need about 2" where the water pump comes through. Also behind the passenger seat the alternator comes in a bit along with the belt from the water pump.

I would recommend going with a remote water pump. Then it would fit without modifying the firewall.

And who rebuilt the motor? What intake / cam / CR etc on the motor?

I don't know who built the motor or have a spec sheet on the build. Sorry sad.gif
pjhaun
What ever happen to the Rover EFI system you had?

JRust
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Jul 28 2012, 09:48 PM) *

What ever happen to the Rover EFI system you had?

I forgot about that. I will throw that in too. Supposed to be a bolt on deal but I never got around to it. All it needed was 02 sensors added to the headers. I can't guarantee anything with it. I bought it all used & I never even bolted it up. I am happy to include it. I even have a spare 215 that is frozen I'll throw in. Just got it for parts.
JRust
icon_bump.gif Hear it run or come by & drive it now. I plan to pull it sometime in the next month. It's in & running now driving.gif
kevin311
PM sent
JRust
Not interested in parting it. I'd like to keep it complete. Easiest way to get it installed in your 914. I've lowered the price to $2500. You are welcome to come drive it before I pull it biggrin.gif
JRust
Sorry took me forever to get the video. It kinda blows too. I did it last minute as I was getting ready to pull the drivetrain & remembered. I also am taking the transmission off the deal. Needed it for a buddy who's tranny blew. So the motor with all it's conversion parts including the adapter plate for the 901 tranny. All for $1600 plus shipping
v8 conversion
kevin311
How has this not sold yet! It seemed like a steal at 2500 with the tranny.
I can only hope it's still available at tax return time...
Good luck with the sale! beerchug.gif
Kevin
falconfp2001
I would so buy this if I had the $$ right now. Just hoping I get a windfall before it is gone.
JRust
Sale Pending to Vinnie smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.