Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: quad gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
With New Vintage no longer making the quad gauge, I'm wondering if anyone knows of someone else who can sell one. Maybe even a kit?

Thanks,
Marcus
Dave_Darling
Palo Alto Speedo and North Hollywood Speedo will sell you one. Be sitting down before you look at the price, though.

--DD
TheCabinetmaker
Which one are you looking for?
TheCabinetmaker
Do you have a pic?
JmuRiz
Dang, I was waiting till I got done with my conversion to order, I guess I should stockpile parts while they are available...
TheCabinetmaker
oops.
r3dplanet
Like this one:

http://www.newvintageusa.com/bigmarkdesigngauges.html

Thing is, the technician that used to crank these out doesn't work there any more from what I understand.

Gone, along with my dreams.

Palo Alto has been on my my sh*tlist since they screwed up my BMW R75/5 speedo and refused to help. That cost me a load of money to replace and correct so I hope they die in a fire. Many others have mentioned that their work is not what it used to be. Starting about three or four years ago the negative reviews began to pour in on the BMW sites.

I wrote and asked North Hollywood and they can make them but only in one configuration: oil pressure, oil temp, voltmeter, and fuel. The oil pressure is mechanical via tubing, NOT from an electrical sensor. I wanted to have a CHT gauge instead of a voltmeter and they can't do that. Also, their unit isn't as nice looking as the New Vintage unit. Drilled holes with LEDs popping out of them instead of a light and lens combo for the warning lights. North Hollywood does have a good reputation from what I've read so I'm sure the gauge would be good quality.

But they want over $600 for it and the extra bits you need to buy. I'll have to pass on that one.

The triples look cool, but are also hard to find. And I'd like maximize the number of gauges if possible. My plan now is to lurk and wait.

-marcus

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.