Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fire Damage?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martin_UK914
Hello, this is probably a stupid question....
I also feel like I already know the answer...

I have a lead on a 1.8 type 4 that I want for a very specific project, but it was in the back of a van that burnt out.

I'm after heads and Ps&Cs.... The heads will be ruined right? Maybe it will be worth buying for mock up parts...

Any advice on the effects of fire on an aircooled motor would be most graciously received.

biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(martin_UK914 @ Jul 24 2012, 11:44 PM) *
Hello, this is probably a stupid question....
I also feel like I already know the answer...

I have a lead on a 1.8 type 4 that I want for a very specific project, but it was in the back of a van that burnt out.

I'm after heads and Ps&Cs.... The heads will be ruined right? Maybe it will be worth buying for mock up parts...

Any advice on the effects of fire on an aircooled motor would be most graciously received.

My guess is it all depends how bad the fire was and how the fire was extinguished.

Do you have any pictures of the carnage?
idea.gif
Dave_Darling
And also what was used to extinguish it. Many of the dry-chem extinguisher chemicals will eat aluminum and magnesium alloys.

--DD
martin_UK914
I think I shall steer well clear of this then and try to source the parts I need elsewhere.

thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.