Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aussie GT homage nears completion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phillstek
Have been spending quite a few cold nights in the garage (winter here) doing the final assembly but still need to do a few more things before I can get it re-registered.

GTS seats fit really nice but they are very heavy by comparison to the stock seats.

Not sure about the checker plate look for the floorpan.

Have to get reverse lights, handbrake cables, speedo and retractable seat belts sorted and it should pass inspection.

Some pix
KELTY360
Very nice! I like the floor plates. Good luck on the registration...is it a rigorous inspection?
phillstek
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 25 2012, 10:28 PM) *

Very nice! I like the floor plates. Good luck on the registration...is it a rigorous inspection?

Thanks. I'm thinking of anodising the floor plates, that might kill the "new sneaker look".

It shouldn't be to difficult to get it to pass (no smog test) and I have a sympathetic inspector, though it still needs to be right ie: all lights and controls working, no oil leaks and no rust holes.
porbmw
Wow
RHD
Was it originally that....? If so, can't be many of them out there?
Looks great, you'll have a blast, and a lot of country to cover!
URY914
The anodising on the floor plates will wear off sooner or later and will look like crap.
Ian Stott
Nice looking car! Put some studded snow tires on her and come visit me in Canada!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
ruby914
Nice.
Do you have any good roads near by to drive it on.
Maybe South of Sydney?
phillstek
Thanks all, car was originally LHD and converted in the late eighties, it's not particularly difficult to do and I reckon the factory planned it that way.

I prefer the sticky Yokohamas I have on it they are at the limit of what is steet legal here.

There are some excellent roads to the south of Sydney but very popular with the motorcycle crowd and hence the cops. I tend to go west or north. The Putty Road and the Bylong Valley Way are a couple of favourites. Trust me as soon as I can I will be taking it out there for a major thrash.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

First link is the Bylong Rd and second one is the Putty Rd they join at the northern end and together take around 5 hours going through some very remote and beautiful scenery. There are fast sections and some very technical sections and it's a complete blast. I have driven these roads many times as I have a place out in the bush near Bylong so I will have an excuse to head out there.
ruby914
Oh yes that looks like a nice drive.
Better than the area I was thinking, Royal National Park, same reason cops.
If you could ever set up a Gopro for the drive that would be great.
Beautiful area.
neyen14
agree.gif I would like to drive it so bad too
veltror
At least the steering wheel is on the correct side..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.