Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good price for a 2.0/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mhuber45
i met i guy who has a 2.0/6 he may part with.

Part # 901.1021102.1R

no carbs, and unsure of compression-had heads, rods, crank, upright fan, ect..

wants 1k...is this a good deal?
billh1963
QUOTE(mhuber45 @ Jul 25 2012, 02:22 PM) *

i met i guy who has a 2.0/6 he may part with.

Part # 901.1021102.1R

no carbs, and unsure of compression-had heads, rods, crank, upright fan, ect..

Sounds fair to me
Cupomeat
Is it a free turning motor?

Sadly unless he has some information, this is a core motor in my opinion.

Now, how much is it worth? to the right (and scarce) buyer who is looking for an engine case to put into his original 914-6, it might be worth a bit, but I am not even sure what that would be as the case might be out of spec due to shot main journals, etc.

So, $1k is not a bad price given the fan and heads are worth something to part out if the engine is crap.

Cairo94507
I would ask for the engine number and post it here....perhaps it is an engine someone (like me) is seeking to reunite with their car. biggrin.gif I know it's a long shot as their is no indication it is from a Six, but it is just a six.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(mhuber45 @ Jul 25 2012, 11:22 AM) *

i met i guy who has a 2.0/6 he may part with. ...

What do you want to do with it?

Consider that a rebuild will likely run you $10K or more. If it's going into a 914-4, then you need the carbs, the engine mounting stuff, a shift linkage, an exhaust, an oil tank and fittings and such...

If you have a carb'ed 911 or 914-6, this could be worthwhile to use as a core to do a rebuild on.

I personally wouldn't pay that much for it, but then I'm not interested in a 2.0 911 engine anyway.

--DD
mepstein
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 25 2012, 04:45 PM) *

Consider that a rebuild will likely run you $10K or more. If it's going into a 914-4, then you need the carbs, the engine mounting stuff, a shift linkage, an exhaust, an oil tank and fittings and such...

If you have a carb'ed 911 or 914-6, this could be worthwhile to use as a core to do a rebuild on.

I personally wouldn't pay that much for it, but then I'm not interested in a 2.0 911 engine anyway.

--DD

agree.gif Much cheaper to buy a good running engine off pelican. There are always guys looking to go bigger on their 911 and have nice 2.0-3.0 to sell. Even a good running 3.2 will cost (way) less than a 2.0 rebuild and carbs.

mhuber45
thanks for the imput goof food for thought if someone here is interested i will pass along his contac infor
JoeSharp
If you can post the numbers as there are at least 4 people here that would like to see them.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 25 2012, 04:45 PM) *

--DD

$10k for a stock 2.0 /6 engine rebuild is ridiculous and not an absolute. The major price of the engine rebuild is usually the p/c. If you dont need to replace them, or if they are the smaller size like the 2.0, then you save a crap load right there. I rebuild my 2.7 and didnt spend anywhere in the neighborhood of $10k. $1k for a core is a decent price if not completely roached.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.