Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crossed a Ferrari and Lamborghini off bucket list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
Today I finally got to take a Club Sportiva tour that my wife gave me as a 40th Birthday present back in March of 2011. The tour is to drive 6 sports cars back to back (@30 minutes in each) to put them through their paces. The tour is on the backloads of the Santa Cruz mountains between Los Gatos and Pescadero on the coast. We stopped at Alice’s for lunch.

The cars on the tour today were a Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Spyder, Audi R8, 911S, Boxster S, and a Nissan GT-R. The cars were a blast to drive and I get to cross the Ferrari and Lamborghini off my bucket list. The Ferrari was the most fun to drive but definitely not the fastest on public roads. The GT-R is amazingly quick and easy to drive fast. I felt the Audi R8 was the car I'd like to have the most. I did spot a red 914 on highway 84 coming back from Pescadero, and another black on in Borelli's garage at Club Auto Sport where the tour started from today. Here are some pictures from the day.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Lennies914
What an awesome gift. I would sure like your wife to meet my wife! Maybe she could teach her a thing or two! lol-2.gif

hide.gif
Lennies914
On second thought, maybe I need to create my bucket list and just give her a copy. idea.gif
JStroud
That's awesome Michael, had to be a fun day. What a great gift idea driving.gif
Thanks for sharing

Jeff

Lennie you better hope your wife doesn't read that poke.gif
stuttgart46
Very cool. What a great way to get to test the cars back to back.
Does the GTR feel heavy? It looks huge to me.
Michael N
QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Jul 25 2012, 05:09 PM) *

Very cool. What a great way to get to test the cars back to back.
Does the GTR feel heavy? It looks huge to me.

No, the GT-R does not feel too heavy although it does feel solid and builds confidence quickly as it is so stable. It does feel too fast. It is the type of car that could easily get you in to trouble as it feels like 60 when you are going 100+...so I heard. Reminds me of the you tube video with the Bugatti where the driver is ready to step out of the car after an high speed run and then realizes that he is still going 60+ MPH. It just eats up the lengths of roads.
914-300Hemi
that is a very cool gift.
EdwardBlume
birthday3.gif

That's awesome! How did yhe 914 compare?
Michael N
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 25 2012, 10:28 PM) *

How did yhe 914 compare?

You know I had to take my /6 out this morning for a romp to compare with the others still fresh in my mind. I must say for a 42 year old car it was way ahead of its time. My car did get an engine swap by a PO back in the late 70's to a MFI 2.4S engine out of a 1973 911S and also has a side shifter,rennshifter, and yellow Koni's installed. There is something nice about driving a vintage car that is not common and drives well. I would like to get some Elephant Racing products on both the front and rear to help with the squeaks, but over all I am sticking with the 914/6. I love my car. wub.gif
stuttgart46
I was instructing this past weekend and I was fortunate enough to drive all kinds of stuff. I love the modern day paddle shifters and how fast some of these cars can be off the showroom floor, however, there is nothing like seeing and driving a classic. We had a brand new McLaren there this weekend and I swear that most people paid more attention to the '65 Mustang getting around there in a hurry. It's a sight to be seen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.