914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
E-Man
What car does this mirror come from?

Knowledge is a good thing.
Rough_Rider
Not sure who makes it but i did see this ebay auction for that very thing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7928168886&rd=1
skline
The guy doesnt manufacture these, they have to come from some car. They always seem to run up over $100.00 in every auction he has them in. It is probably a 20 dollar mirror or $5.00 from a wrecking yard. Just need to find out which car it comes from. Someone has to know.
Qarl
His "see-through" sun visors are the stupidist thing I think I have ever seen for a car...

Ahhh... my eyes!!!! cool_shades.gif
phantom914
QUOTE(Qarl @ Oct 22 2004, 08:27 AM)
His "see-through" sun visors are the stupidist thing I think I have ever seen for a car...

Ahhh... my eyes!!!!  :shades:

ohmy.gif I thought you were joking! That is stupid. I wonder if he sells screen doors for submarines too.

Then again, maybe they are made of stuff that automatically darkens in the sunlight. Then if you're lazy, you just leave them down all the time.

Andrew
GTeener
Birgit Heinz told me at the last Alameda AX she had a 'removeable' mirror in her dearly departed purple teener. I didn't see the value in it at the time, so I didn't think to ask where she got it.

I don't think she lurks on the club site much though.

Maybe Brad can help confused24.gif , since I know he has been helping her recover from the loss with her new car project.
GTeener
QUOTE(Qarl @ Oct 22 2004, 08:27 AM)

Ahhh... my eyes!!!! cool_shades.gif

Bug sheild for when he removes his windsheild lol2.gif or maybe they are for wind redirection when the top is off confused24.gif

Good thing he's not trying to auction clear visors...
DougC

Want to know something funny- I thought about doing the same thing BUT I wanted to tint the really dark to block the sun. Seems like it could be a usefull idea because the visor could come down longer than stock for when the sun is setting lower. Or maybe, it's a test fit and he'll have those upholster later? confused24.gif

Doug C
skline
He was selling them too awhile back except they were tinted. Not dark enough for me however, they actually sold a few times on Ebay.
Dr Evil
I bought a BMW mirror that looked like this one, but it is not exactly the same. I figure that it would not be to hard to pu the visor pin on it with some cold steel (?), the stuff they sell that is like JB weld but a putty. I havent had time to fool with it, but when I do I will post the results. The mirror was $10, and the putty was like $3.50. I wish that I could get a close up of how the visor pin is on this mirror. I tried to emial him in the past to get a pic, but I got no reply. I wonder why not.
Root_Werks
Didn't some early VW Type1's come with tinted visors? I seem to remember seeing them on quite a few Bugs. idea.gif
anthony
I thought this was a BMW 2002 mirror?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.