Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: list price when new?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tadink
Hey all -

Insurance company is asking about original list price of the 73 914 1.7 when it sold in 1973.

How this could have ANY bearing on the value of the car today is a question for the ages.... WTF.gif

I've searched but cannot find. I'm sure it is there somewhere - can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

td
Click to view attachment

here is a 2.0 from 73....

Good Luck!
dlkawashima
Jeff Bowlsby has window stickers on his site:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/WindowStickers.htm
Krieger
If you are trying to add your 914 onto an existing auto policy you may be paying more for a lot less coverage. Try something like an agreed value collectors insurance company like Hagerty....but I may not know what your asking.
struckn
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jul 26 2012, 04:19 PM) *

If you are trying to add your 914 onto an existing auto policy you may be paying more for a lot less coverage. Try something like an agreed value collectors insurance company like Hagerty....but I may not know what your asking.

agree.gif

I have my 914 along with (3) other vintage vehicles with J.C. Taylor as classic and antique. They let you set the insured price you want it to be for each car. Total for all 4 annually is less then half what my daily driver Jetta cost annually. Only thing is they do want to know what you drive daily and that you have it insured.
TheCabinetmaker
My 73 1.7 was 5050.00. I added AC for another 500. I'm with farmers and they said if i wanted discount for minimum millage i would be better off with one of of the speciality companies.
falconfp2001
Try NADA for original MSRP and current value.

http://www.nadaguides.com/?gclid=COmU9aD8uLECFeUaQgodEGMAEA
JawjaPorsche
My 73 1.7 was $4,600.

Insured with Hagerty. Can't be everyday driver and must be stored in a garage.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(struckn @ Jul 26 2012, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ Jul 26 2012, 04:19 PM) *

agree.gif

I have my 914 along with (3) other vintage vehicles with J.C. Taylor as classic and antique. They let you set the insured price you want it to be for each car. Total for all 4 annually is less then half what my daily driver Jetta cost annually. Only thing is they do want to know what you drive daily and that you have it insured.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
Get it insured for its value as a classic. Watch the miles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.