Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted. . White plastic headlight surrounds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
toolguy
Anyone have a nice set of early white headlight plastic surrounds they will sell or trade for. . . . not ones that have been painted please. .
TheCabinetmaker
How nice is nice?
TheCabinetmaker
Didn't look real hard, but I found one white one. It came off my 73. I could be wrong, cause my old tired mind forgets sometimes. There was a thread in the garage a week or so ago that addressed restoring them to the original white. It seems to me that mine were never white, but actually cream colored. Any one know for sure?
toolguy
Yes they were closer to a light cream color, not a brilliant white. . I looking for a set without scratches and gouges, good enough to go on a concour car wit a little rehab. . I know that may be asking a lot but I hoping someone has a set stashed away someplace. . I'm trying to find a set nice enough that I don't have to paint them to make them acceptable. .
carr914
I've got 3 or 4, I'll have to Dig them out
bdstone914
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jul 27 2012, 03:09 PM) *

Yes they were closer to a light cream color, not a brilliant white. . I looking for a set without scratches and gouges, good enough to go on a concour car wit a little rehab. . I know that may be asking a lot but I hoping someone has a set stashed away someplace. . I'm trying to find a set nice enough that I don't have to paint them to make them acceptable. .

I have at least one and maybe a pair of restored white ones. They were plastic media vibration tumbled. I have more dirty ones that need to get restored.

Bruce
tumamilhem
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 27 2012, 05:19 PM) *

I've got 3 or 4, I'll have to Dig them out

I'm also looking for original white headlight surrounds in good condition if you have any more.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 28 2012, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(toolguy @ Jul 27 2012, 03:09 PM) *

I have at least one and maybe a pair of restored white ones. They were plastic media vibration tumbled. I have more dirty ones that need to get restored.

Bruce

I'm also looking for original white headlight surrounds in good condition if you have any more.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jul 27 2012, 05:09 PM) *

Nope, they were white.
Restored 3 sets, sold two. The last are spares for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.