Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making a Cookie Cutter wider
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
RSrocket
Just curious, has anyone widened a 15x7 cookie cutter to an 8 or larger. Is it even worth the trouble? Reason I ask, I kind of have a soft spot for CC's, maybe there is a reason I haven't seen a set of wide CC's. Just not sure...

Thanks,
Ron
ConeDodger
Yes. Harvey Weidman in Oroville, CA. Weidman Wheels is the name of the business. He is an artist!!

Here is a set of 8.5X16 Fuchs on the rear of my car that he did for me... It takes two 6X16 to make each one.
brant
you will probably spend more on having it done than it would cost to go out and buy a 8x15 fuch...

you can probably find one for around 200..... how much does weidman charge per a wheel ?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 29 2012, 05:51 AM) *

you will probably spend more on having it done than it would cost to go out and buy a 8x15 fuch...

you can probably find one for around 200..... how much does weidman charge per a wheel ?

Brant,
I paid him $1600 for the widening and the refinishing so I don't know. Race shoes really wouldn't need refinishing. I'm guessing at $200 - $300 for widening if he can do it. He would have to supply 4 Cookies to do it.
Randal
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 29 2012, 09:12 AM) *

Brant,
I paid him $1600 for the widening and the refinishing so I don't know. Race shoes really wouldn't need refinishing. I'm guessing at $200 - $300 for widening if he can do it. He would have to supply 4 Cookies to do it.

He told me about $175 to cut down a Gotti barrel to make it an inch narrower.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 29 2012, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 29 2012, 09:12 AM) *

Brant,

He told me about $175 to cut down a Gotti barrel to make it an inch narrower.

So I was pretty close with my guess! rolleyes.gif
sixnotfour
8's & 9's
RSrocket
@ ConeDodger, thanks for the info on Weidman Wheels, I'll take a look into him.

@ sixnotfour, nice CC's! I really like the look of the 9's thumb3d.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RSrocket @ Jul 30 2012, 06:24 AM) *

@ ConeDodger, thanks for the info on Weidman Wheels, I'll take a look into him.

@ sixnotfour, nice CC's! I really like the look of the 9's thumb3d.gif

If you call Harvey tell him Rob said hi and that I have been thinking about him and Al...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.