Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Case sealants?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stugray
I bought a complete 'engine build sealant kit' from 'the vendor that shall not be named' and his website is down (funny how that started just a few weeks ago....).

The package has the following:

Curil K2
Curil T
Dirko Silicone
Loctite Gasket maker 518
Loctite PST 565 Thread sealant
Loctite Blue 242 thread locker

Is anyone here familiar with where all these are used?

I am ready to put the case together and I dont recall which Curil is for mating the two case halves together.

Also, I have a JR cam package and I found a tube of Joe Gibbs Assembly grease with all of my various lubes.
Is this the correct lube to use on the JakeR. cam lobes for break-in?

Stu
Katmanken
Why don't you ask Jake?
stugray
Why don't you ask Jake?

Because there are no small primates flying from my rectum?
Katmanken
You can always apologize.
stugray
What is odd is that I swear that there was a response on here from The Cabinetmaker and now it is gone.

Perhaps I am losing my mind?

Stu
TheCabinetmaker
That post was from, well, I don't know where its was from. It was not me.
pilothyer
The K2 is for sealing the case halves, The J.Gibbs is for the cam and lifters.
stugray
"The J.Gibbs is for the cam and lifters."
Thanks that is what I figured. I dont remember buying it by itself, so it must have come in the cam package.

Why do I have Curil K2 & Curil T.

From the description on the website & pegasus, the two are essentially interchangeable.

The Cabinetmaker - Sorry I thought it was you, but there was definitely one response to my question that is gone now.

Stu
pilothyer
I don't want to tell you wrong, so I will have to locate my document that tells the exact places to use the other ingredients. Where did I put it? unsure.gif
pilothyer
Ah yes...here it is.

Click to view attachment
stugray
Thank you!

I am guessing that I have that exact document somewhere if I was organized!

Stu
cary
Thanks for the question and the answer.
I rebuilt my 2.0 using Jake's old VHS video.
I used the old Permatex sealants.
I bought the sealants for the next engine many years ago. Couldn't remember what was what.

Just finished the rebuild after 5-6 years.
I have only one leak at 600 miles. Its either the oil cooler seals or the oil pressure gauge hose.
Pulling the engine today to find it. I have a dye kit in it so I should be able to find the exact spot.
ape914
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 29 2012, 11:12 AM) *

What is odd is that I swear that there was a response on here from The Cabinetmaker and now it is gone.

Perhaps I am losing my mind?

Stu

yeah I potsed it under the Cabinetbreaker handle. But wee wee little curt curtis threw one of his famous hissy fits, couldn't handle that name, so it was deleted. so much cabinetshit.

Yes K2 for the case halves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.