Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tonight on ESPN - SENNA, the movie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toolguy
Premier on TV tonight Senna, ESPN. . . the Documentary release a couple of years ago
ConeDodger
also available on Netflix every day...
lotus_65
$2.99 on xfinity on demand, & no espn nagging me every 8 minutes!
jim_hoyland
Thanks for the heads up. The story was capitvating. Glad I saw it. Elements of the story reminded me of the Grand Prix film that featured James Garner.

More interesting info can e found at: http://f1-grandprix.com/?page_id=1941
tracks914
What is the name of the show, I don't get ESPN her in Canada and I don't have Netflix.
Cupomeat
Great movie!

A very good mix of history and emotion.
bigkensteele
I was watching it on Netflix a few months back, and the wife ventured into the man-cave, sat down and actually enjoyed it.

Back then (that era), I loved F1 and was a big Senna fan, even though the sport was hard to follow for Americans that weren't spending a bunch of money on cable packages and willing to get up at the crack of dawn or program a freaking VCR. It was difficult to get the full picture, and that is why this documentary is so fantastic. It tells a story that is probably not surprising to the rest of the world, but was not widely reported here.

The detailed accounting of the Senna/Prost relationship is, IMHO, one of the best aspects of the film.
jim_hoyland
I got to see it 3x, memorizing ! I have a question: Did the F1 rules change in 1994 that eliminated the cars stability control ? Seems like something changed...
toolguy
What I though very interesting is that I had believed Mansel was the ultimate driver back then. . according to the documentarty, his car {Williams} was the only one with the auto stability control and that was the big reason why he was unbeatable. .
Plus all the political crap. . there sure seemed to be a lot of ego shit going on with the directors of F1
bigkensteele
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jul 31 2012, 07:58 PM) *

. . there sure seemed to be a lot of ego shit going on with the directors of F1

That has been the problem with organized racing since the beginning of time, but F1 is by far the worst. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Bernie Ecclestone has become the dictator of this sport. To me, he seems like the devil, but again, my perception is based on what information I am being fed, via Speed, forums, etc. That was one cool thing about the Senna film - you get to see an actual driver meeting before the race. It fully depicts the tensions and concerns of the drivers vs. the utter incompetence of the governing body. Amazing stuff.
Cupomeat
They all have thier moments, heck ACO and FIA have no idea where they are going (so it seems) and some years are worse than others.

This year the ALMS people got screwed by the schedule dictated by the european rules bodies, but what can you do?
tracks914

[/quote]
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Bernie Ecclestone has become the dictator of this sport. To me, he seems like the devil, but again, my perception is based on what information I am being fed, via Speed, forums, etc.
[/quote]
Read this and you will see how became the most powerful man in racing.Bernie Eccelstone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.