Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure Gauage $ Where to Buy $ Fittings $ Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kbrunk1
Click to view attachment
I am wanting to find the lease cost gauage that will fit to the fuel rail and the lease cost fittings to make it work (test fuel pressure 28-30 lbs)
It appears to be a 7mm bolt (on fuel rail).
Is this the best way? Does anyone just leave it attached?
Do most people not attach at this point and do it easier?
Anyone know the exact part numbers and hose connection model numbers (gauge and fittings and cost ?) to buy.
I would like to not have to do trial and error and would not like to spend excessive dollars.

Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks --
type47
I got a pressure gauge in the plumbing dept at Home Depot; you can get brass fittings same dept; short (10 cm) length of fuel injection hose and a couple of fuel injection hose clamps should net you a usable gauge <$15
TheCabinetmaker
Yep. Same here
Dave_Darling
My brass gauge read wrong straight out of the box. Caused all kinds of problems before my mechanic verified it with his own gauge.

I bought a liquid-filled mini pressure gauge from some outfit on line, I don't remember where any more. It's a VDO and seems to read correctly.

I hooked a piece of hose to the fitting you show in your picture, put a barbed fitting onto the gauge, and ran fuel hose between the two. The gauge is zip-tied to the drain tube, I think, and serves as an excellent way to double-check the pressure if I ever suspect something is wrong. That was part of what let me troubleshoot and fix a vapor-lock issue in about five minutes a couple of weeks ago.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.