Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Mixture Pipes to Air Intake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kbrunk1
Click to view attachment
Have 73 2.0L that has been out of commission since 1985 when it was running.
Do you need to take these loose and replace?
Is it difficult?

(braded gaskets around large pipes)
Sorry for the layman terms.... (rookie)
TheCabinetmaker
Probably should change all hoses. air, vacuum, and fuel after, 27 years.
Dave_Darling
I have seen the big fat hoses called "intake runner boots". To replace them, you have to pull the intake runner pipes off of the head and the manifold. They can leak, and after 20+ years they probably are leaking. They are far from the only possible leak, though.

--DD
ape914
they may not leak at all, no sense pulling them and causing them to leak if they are ok. To pull them you end up redoing the gaskets on the heads too. Try to fire her up with the intake boots you have and see if she leaks or not. If you do have a leak, you could first try adding hose clamps, and/or tightening the head -mainfold nuts if you find leaks on the head end of the pipes.

don't waste time and money fixing a problem that may not even exist. i have run 20+ year old intake boots with no leaks what so ever, On others that were much newer I had to tighten hose clamps a bit, and that usually seals them off for me.

chances are good you will be fine with what you have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.