Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Case Checking and Work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pilothyer
Need sound advise please. My location is North Alabama. It seems as though I am going to have to have an engine case checked and possibly align bored, registers decked and thrust checked and possibly cut and bearing fitted. It looks as though I will be shipping this out to have it done. considering my location, where would the best place to ship it? In my searching it seems that places that have a good reputation for doing this are getting fewer and further between. I am looking for the best place to have this done, not necessarily the closest.
No Rimco for me. I had a case line bore .... I cleaned the case...asked if the price also included hot tanking, they said yes. When I got the case back it was the same as when I gave it to them. I called them about it, they said oh, you can bring it down and we will o it for free. Some things in life you only get one chance.....never went back nor will they ever touch any of my toys.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Jul 29 2012, 02:29 PM) *

Need sound advise please. My location is North Alabama. It seems as though I am going to have to have an engine case checked and possibly align bored, registers decked and thrust checked and possibly cut and bearing fitted. It looks as though I will be shipping this out to have it done. considering my location, where would the best place to ship it? In my searching it seems that places that have a good reputation for doing this are getting fewer and further between. I am looking for the best place to have this done, not necessarily the closest.

I got mine done by Len Hoffman.....HAM Inc....he's in Athens, Ga...can't beat that...
pilothyer
If I had known Len Hoffman offers that service I would have known to look no further...Thanks very much for the information........ biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.