Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You figured it out!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
I got a little time to continue working through my carb and ignition situation today. I won't rehash all of the suggestions that I received, but I wanted to say a particular thanks to Rhodyguy, FourBlades, Racer Chris, The Cabinetmaker, and many many others who helped me! The linkage was one problem, solved with Chris' excellent cable setup, which I highly recommend. Then I moved on to spark and after the extreme rich condition I had with one carb, I had some fouled plugs, fixed with a new set of NGK B5ESs. Also took the chance to replace wires, even though they weren't a culprit. Finally, Kevin loaned me a fuel pressure gauge which helped me determine that I was running at less than 1 psi. blink.gif I installed a new rotary-style fuel pump and filter, but still low PSI. I began to fluctuate a little once I let the car sit and fired it up again. That leads me to believe that I have some debris that is clogging up the line at the tank and am still waiting for a new sock for the tank. However, when it is not clogging the line, and PSI is normal, the car runs AMAZING! So very excited. Thank you guys so much, you've made me a really happy dude!
championgt1
beerchug.gif This is why this place is great!
rhodyguy
excellent!

k
cwpeden
Been there, done that.

This should be on the list for things to always check for rough running.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
FourBlades

That is great George. piratenanner.gif

It is fun when you have 3 or 4 unrelated issues all contributing to your
problems.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.