Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Position of hand brake cable shield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
I am getting ready to weld in a replacement brake cable shield, the one on the inner longitudinal inside next the the drivers seat. Does anyone have a picture of where it was precisely located? I have a 1973 1.7

Thanks
John B.
SLITS
Cockpit side (driver)
IPB Image

Engine compartment side (driver)
IPB Image
IPB Image
Spoke
I don't have a pic or measurements for the shield. I decided to simplify this and just use a roller to redirect the cable. The bolt is welded to the floor on a small plate of 14ga steel. There's a steel sleeve under the phenolic roller.

SLITS
Oops, did I pick the wrong one to image?

Oh the shame.
porschefile2010
Do you mean the plate that sits flat over the corner held in with two PK screws?? If so I cxan get a pic for you as I have mine all apart at the moment although mine is a 75 2.0 so may be different.
wndsnd
Click to view attachmentThis is what I am looking to install. I don't think it goes all the way back in the corner. Somehow I think it goes on the long inside of the rear driver seat hinge?
wndsnd
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 30 2012, 11:44 AM) *

Cockpit side (driver)
IPB Image

Engine compartment side (driver)
IPB Image
IPB Image

That looks like a bent rear pad bracket!
porschefile2010
Hang on. I'll send you a pic
porschefile2010
OK. Not sure how these will come out and my cover needs a repaint as part of thius tidy up. But basically it fits into the corner as per the first photo. You may have to save the photo and play with it to see exaactly how it fits
wndsnd
Ok, so it is oposite the rear seat mount, and there is another bracket attached to it I have to find! Crap, now I have to look through more boxes!

Thank you all.

John B.
wndsnd
QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Jul 30 2012, 03:24 PM) *

OK. Not sure how these will come out and my cover needs a repaint as part of thius tidy up. But basically it fits into the corner as per the first photo. You may have to save the photo and play with it to see exaactly how it fits

If I find the rear piece that screws on, That will be my spacer...
peteyd
This is where I have mine...

Click to view attachment

Heres an original...

Click to view attachment

oop, too slow
wndsnd
QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Jul 30 2012, 03:24 PM) *

Hey Porschefile, my sister lives in Tasmania! Small world! beerchug.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(peteyd @ Jul 30 2012, 03:29 PM) *

This is where I have mine...

Click to view attachment

Heres an original...

Click to view attachment

oop, too slow

Thank you, nice work....
porschefile2010
No worries. Tasmania is verry much like NZ. Very pretty place but, like us a bit wet and wild.
I think that rear plae is the more important one as it seems to protect the return spring and stop anything dropping in there nd stopping the mechanism workingproperly. Good luck anyqway.
Richard
porschefile2010
Just googled Amesbury. You are just up the road from My sons in-laws in manchester. We were there for the wedding a few years back. great place.
Drums66
....Porschedelic
Eric_Shea
I've never seen that screw on plate before. Anyone here seen one of better yet, have one they'd like to part with?
pilothyer
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 31 2012, 08:09 AM) *

I've never seen that screw on plate before. Anyone here seen one of better yet, have one they'd like to part with?

Eric....I got a couple from BDStone some time ago, fresh powder coated, check with him as I think he has more of them.
Socalandy
just put mine in last week
wndsnd
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 1 2012, 12:34 AM) *

just put mine in last week

Nice job Andy, I wish I could weld that cleanly... welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.