Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lift Question/Opinion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
Has anybody used this Harbor Freight lift for the 914?

http://www.harborfreight.com/6000-lb-capac...lift-91315.html

Price looks good, but I'd rather pay the extra for a Bendpak if it is much better.
toolguy
Looks like the minimum height is 7 inches. . I don't know of any 914 that will clear that. .
phatnine11
None of the scissor lifts will be low enough for a 914. You have 2 options, cut a hole in your garage floor, or build ramps. I built mine out of 2/12 boards. Works great!
Phatnine11
rnellums
A couple of wooden ramps though and you are golden.
r_towle
IF you only use it for a 914, you should have no issues.
IF you are planning on using it for a truck....beware of wobbly features.

I ended up buying a four poster drive on lift and I could not be more pleased.

http://www.Gregsmithequipment.com
rich
JRust
I looked at the Harbor freight scissor lift. I am still waiting to buy a better quality lift. Keeping my eye's open for a used one. Barring finding one used I will spring for a better quality scissor lift. I love harbor freight for a tools I don't need very often. The idea of crawling under my car on their lift confused24.gif Makes me a little to nervous unsure.gif
gms
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 30 2012, 01:34 PM) *

IF you only use it for a 914, you should have no issues.
IF you are planning on using it for a truck....beware of wobbly features.

I ended up buying a four poster drive on lift and I could not be more pleased.

http://www.Gregsmithequipment.com
rich

I bought a tire machine from Greg Smith and found them to be one of the most incompetent vendors I have ever dealt with. I needed replacement parts and could not believe their attitude and unprofessional business practices. Stay away, beware!
Elliot Cannon
I've had this one for about 5 years and like it a lot. It doesn't matter much quality wise, because they are ALL made in the same town in China by the same 14 year old kids. happy11.gif
TargaToy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 30 2012, 05:36 PM) *

I've had this one for about 5 years and like it a lot. It doesn't matter much quality wise, because they are ALL made in the same town in China by the same 14 year old kids. happy11.gif

I realize this is probably a really tacky question but what's the ballpark price for a Hanmecson portable lift like yours? I immediately went to their site but couldn't find pricing.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Jul 30 2012, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 30 2012, 05:36 PM) *

I realize this is probably a really tacky question but what's the ballpark price for a Hanmecson portable lift like yours? I immediately went to their site but couldn't find pricing.

I bought the lift from Quality Tool and Equipment in Temecula Califonia. If I recall it was around $1100. You can try them at 800 647 7883 although I'm not sure if that's still a valid # for them. I've seen similar lifts for sale from $1100 to $2500. Goold luck. The damn thing weighs about 1000 pounds. I had to hire a small crane to get it out of my pickup. lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.