Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2.0L Signal Orange Front Air Dam Spoiler ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thompson-mfr
Hello All,

I just purchased this 914 2.0L Signal Orange in Bend, OR. I live in Silverton, OR. About 3 hours from me.

I already own another 2.0L but not in this nice of shape paint wise.

It looks like someone really took care of it.

My question is what is the front spoiler air dam. I don't really care for it and will be pulling it off. I want to know what to call it.

I attached some pics so you can see the car.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SLITS
Kinda similar to the one Performance Products (automotion.com) sells but doesn't have the deep lip.

call it ... Front valance with brake cooling ducts .. 'cause that what the holes are for.
JawjaPorsche
Nice score!
beerchug.gif
jsayre914
Car looks great!

piratenanner.gif
thompson-mfr
do people like this style of front valance? Will I be able to sell it? What is it worth? It is very flexible compared to the fiberglass LE style or metal original.

I have an original from my car that I will never use, so that will replace it. I have the LE style and I love the look of those.
thompson-mfr
Is it possible to hook up a fuel pump wrong and still have the car run? Suck and Push reversed?

When cold the car does not start right away unless I cycle the key (to get the FP to pump the 2 seconds) a whole bunch of times.

When warm fires right up.
Porschef
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif Me like! Very sweet. aktion035.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(thompson-mfr @ Jul 30 2012, 09:50 AM) *

do people like this style of front valance? Will I be able to sell it? What is it worth? It is very flexible compared to the fiberglass LE style or metal original.

I have an original from my car that I will never use, so that will replace it. I have the LE style and I love the look of those.

You could try for $75 - $100, but no guarantee.

Car will run with lines reversed, but will stall out when tank gets low or wot throttle operation. Return orifice is about 1/8" and suction orifice is 1/4" from memory ... I could go look though.

I think that is all you asked.

JmuRiz
Off topic, I'm not a fan of door speakers, but the color matching on those makes 'em look good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.