Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excessive Flatulance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
able2222
'70 1.7 with IDF 40 Webers and stock exhaust really likes to pop and burp when decelerating from 2500 rpm down to 1400 or so. I'm thinking exhaust leak(s) maybe between the head and exhaust (old gaskets) or perhaps an air leak between the carbs and manifold (old gaskets again). Your thoughts would be appreciated.
jsayre914
QUOTE(able2222 @ Jul 30 2012, 04:13 PM) *

'70 1.7 with IDF 40 Webers and stock exhaust really likes to pop and burp when decelerating from 2500 rpm down to 1400 or so. I'm thinking exhaust leak(s) maybe between the head and exhaust (old gaskets) or perhaps an air leak between the carbs and manifold (old gaskets again). Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Agreed Exhaust leak,

I took my car to a local garage once and asked the guy to smoke my exhaust. It took him less than 5 min to hook a hose up to the tail pipe and i saw exactly where it was leaking. saved me some time

beerchug.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jul 30 2012, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(able2222 @ Jul 30 2012, 04:13 PM) *

Agreed Exhaust leak,

I took my car to a local garage once and asked the guy to smoke my exhaust. It took him less than 5 min to hook a hose up to the tail pipe and i saw exactly where it was leaking. saved me some time

beerchug.gif

Smoke your exhaust...Heh heh...

I just redid my copper exhaust gaskets and tuned the H/E's. Got rid of 90% of the popping. Make sure to anneal them, nice and soft...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.