Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler to heat exchanger gaskets....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeM
Hi all...
Putting my car back together and noticed that I could use some new exhaust gaskets between the muffler and heat exchanger. I'm wondering if any other vehicle uses the same gasket as my 74 2.0 liter. I'm thinking maybe VW bus?
I'd like to find some locally.
Thanks
Mike
TheCabinetmaker
No. 2L busses used the triangular 75 type gaskets
nathansnathan
72-74 bus uses the same gasket.
IPB Image
MikeM
Beautiful....thanks.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(MikeM @ Jul 31 2012, 06:31 AM) *

Beautiful....thanks.

You're thanking him for bad information. The 2.0 engine of which you speak uses a gasket exclusive to 1973 and 1974 914s with that engine. 1.7s are different, as are '75-'76 914 engines. PM me and I should be able to help you.

The Cap'n
nathansnathan
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 31 2012, 07:05 AM) *

QUOTE(MikeM @ Jul 31 2012, 06:31 AM) *

Beautiful....thanks.

You're thanking him for bad information. The 2.0 engine of which you speak uses a gasket exclusive to 1973 and 1974 914s with that engine. 1.7s are different, as are '75-'76 914 engines. PM me and I should be able to help you.

The Cap'n

Yeah I guess they are just a tad different.
IPB Image
IPB Image
Another opportunity for the captain to take his cock out, I had to take you off ignore, damnit.
jim_hoyland
Follow up Question: Is there a VW muffler gasket for a 1.8L engine ? Or any other ?
rhodyguy
Correct gaskets should be readily available for your version of heat exchangers. Engine size isn't relevant. Never makes sense to buy them one set at a time.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 6 2017, 11:56 AM) *

Correct gaskets should be readily available for your version of heat exchangers. Engine size isn't relevant. Never makes sense to buy them one set at a time.

Like Pelican Parts ? Am I good using SS bolts/nuts ?
TheCabinetmaker
Kevin, the 73/74 2.0 is different from the 1.7, as the late cap'n states above
rhodyguy
I'm aware of the dif. That's why I used 'version' with regards to heat exchangers. Not dependent on engine displacement. No telling what be on an engine. A backed dated 75/76? What version? 1.7/1.8 or 2.0? I bought a 72' at auction with a 2.0 wearing 75/76 heat exchangers on it.
Rand
I miss the Krusty one.
cary
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 6 2017, 02:18 PM) *

I miss the Krusty one.

Me too ................
MikeM
This thread is 5 years old!!!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(MikeM @ Jul 7 2017, 08:25 AM) *

This thread is 5 years old!!!

agree.gif smile.gif Very helpful information........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.