Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reproduction MPS diaphrams.... (the holy grail)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
for a decade many many people have been wanting a reproduction MPS diaphram to keep fuel injected cars on the road...

well after all of this time, someone has been able to figure out the challenges in having these correctly manufactured...

This is truly an amazing thing.

I think today is the last day to get the special pricing on the pre-order

I know hundreds of people have wanted these in the past and I'm very surprised so few are now stepping up to order

if your on the fence, get the better price and grab one while you can.
brant
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 31 2012, 03:08 PM) *

for a decade many many people have been wanting a reproduction MPS diaphram to keep fuel injected cars on the road...

well after all of this time, someone has been able to figure out the challenges in having these correctly manufactured...

This is truly an amazing thing.

I think today is the last day to get the special pricing on the pre-order

I know hundreds of people have wanted these in the past and I'm very surprised so few are now stepping up to order

if your on the fence, get the better price and grab one while you can.
brant

We just hit 40 paid orders earlier today.
JamesM
Just got around to ordering one. Almost ordered 2 but as I dont technically need the frist one as i still have a few working MPS and only 1 car left running d-jet it was hard to justify the 2nd.

Still though, its good to have spares, rebuilding one looks like fun, and the tool kit seems like a good thing to have. Also have to throw in support for anyone who has the balls to keep making these parts. Might pick up a couple more later for my spares just because.

Not sure if its possible to jack one of these up to the point where your car wont run, but should someone find that it is, I have a wavetek inductance meter and can help adjust back to stock settings for anyone who wants to pay the shipping.
ChrisFoley
I'm continuing with discounted pricing thru August.
Diaphragm Replacement Kits are now $107.95, $146.95 with the tuning kit.
ThinAir
icon_bump.gif and a question -

Since you say you need 100 ordered in order to make this happen, what is the plan for how soon you need to reach that number? I'm not sweating the $$, but I'm just curious since it's the first time I've paid up-front for something that wasn't ready to ship at the time of purchase.
76-914
lol-2.gif Me too! But I believe my $$$ is just as safe w/ Chris as with Wells Fargo. And he won't attach any fees for holding my $$$. av-943.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Aug 8 2012, 02:06 AM) *

icon_bump.gif and a question -

Since you say you need 100 ordered in order to make this happen, what is the plan for how soon you need to reach that number? I'm not sweating the $$, but I'm just curious since it's the first time I've paid up-front for something that wasn't ready to ship at the time of purchase.

I've never taken money up front for a product that doesn't exist yet either.
However, I'm determined not to let this go the way of repro GT flares where people had money tied up for years before a single part was made.
The tooling buy-in is just too steep for me to foot the bill up front, hence the group buy concept.
I'm holding the diaphragm money in a separate bank account while I collect orders.

I suspected we couldn't get 100 orders with the first round.
We hit 41 by the first deadline, not nearly as good as I had hoped.
I have a feeling there are plenty of people waiting for the part to be on the shelf before ordering theirs.
I had one Volvo shop owner pay for two kits, then email me only 24 hours later to ask for his money back. WTF.gif

I asked GH if he was interested in any but he would rather buy from Fuel Injection Corp than get involved in rebuilding MPS's at AA.
Without my knowledge GH contacted the owner of FIC, who then called me to get the scoop.
He isn't interested in buying diaphragms from me unless I can give him chinese pricing.
From our conversation I didn't get a good feeling about that guy anyway. bs.gif

The 100 mark isn't a firm number.
We've been busy of late, so if my bank account grows a bit I'll be able to cover more of the up front costs on my own and move ahead sooner rather than later.
But after 3 years of losing money in business there's no more limb for me to go out on. unsure.gif
ThinAir
Chris -

I hope that didn't sound like I was implying that you would just take peoples' money and not produce - I've seen you on the forums enough to know that this would not be the case. I just hadn't seen what your plan was and was curious. I too am hoping that this comes together. Thanks for the response and all the effort that you are going through to make this a reality.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Aug 9 2012, 01:45 AM) *

Chris -

I hope that didn't sound like I was implying that you would just take peoples' money and not produce -

Nope, all's good. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.