Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 seen today on I-4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
About 7:45 this morning I'm headed to Orlando and come on a 914 headed east. Pretty rough with flat black paint and running with the top off.

My hat is off you follow 914'er. That thing sure looked small in traffic with semi's, mini vans and SUV's. aktion035.gif
carr914
Might have been George (ThePainteMan) - the last time I saw his 914 it was like Flat Black Primer
ThePaintedMan
This one Paul? Click to view attachment bye1.gif I was on my way to Bartow for work from Saint Pete (long drive). Couldn't resist driving it since I got the help from you all - its running great! Well, at least for a 1.7. I agree, it is a bit intimidating with all the massive trucks on the roads. But I'm willing to take a chance to save on gas and to have a little fun!

Regarding the paint - its a work in progress. Thanks for your patience biggrin.gif
wndsnd
I like the wheels... smile.gif
URY914
George you win the Iron Man award. Driving a black 914, in Florida, in July over 100 miles. I owe you a cold beer. beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
They're just plain old Enkei 92s that came with it, but thanks smile.gif

Paul, its really not all that hot in the car - theres enough rust holes even with all that I've fixed that I might as well be riding a motorcycle. Plus, I have only had the car on the road a couple months and I figure I've got plenty of driving to do to catch up with the rest of you guys who have had your cars for years! aktion035.gif
walterolin
You mean it's possible to drive one of these things? I thought they just sat on jack stands in your garage.....
TargaToy
QUOTE(walterolin @ Aug 1 2012, 05:41 PM) *

You mean it's possible to drive one of these things? I thought they just sat on jack stands in your garage.....

I was gonna say the same thing!

Actually driving one seems more like a fantasy to me. biggrin.gif
URY914
I will PM you my cell number.

I have a truck and trailer and I'll give you roadside pickup if needed when you break down. Not if, but when. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.