Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMP Classic seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fasthonda
Looking for a set of period correct sport seats that don't break the bank to put the finishing touch on my project.

The OMP classic sport seats look nice for $299.

Can anyone comment on these seats. Quality, comfort, and fitment into a 914.

Click to view attachment

Thank you,

Michael
biosurfer1
No info but those do look great...wonder if the 914 rails fit or do you have to buy theirs?
Krieger
I do not have those style of seats, but I have had a pair of OMP seats in my car for the last 8 years and they have held up very well. The quality is very good.
andys
Anyone find any dimensions to determine if they'll fit? Certainly are price friendly!

Andys
TheCabinetmaker
I like em too. The website gives some sizes but they were hard to understand. It looks like this company is in france? I'd hate to see the shipping cost if they are.
andys
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 2 2012, 07:41 AM) *

I like em too. The website gives some sizes but they were hard to understand. It looks like this company is in france? I'd hate to see the shipping cost if they are.

If you go to "Find a Store" at the bottom of their home page, you'll find a whole host of US distributors. I did locate the sizing chart, which lists all the tuner seats except the Classic model....figures!

Andys
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(andys @ Aug 2 2012, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 2 2012, 07:41 AM) *

If you go to "Find a Store" at the bottom of their home page, you'll find a whole host of US distributors. I did locate the sizing chart, which lists all the tuner seats except the Classic model....figures!

Andys

Ah, ok. I was on my phone and that didn't show up, or I just missed it!!!
ThePaintedMan
VRO.com stocks all kinds of OMP stuff and with great prices. Denise might be able to order those seats. They are very cool looking!
andys
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Aug 2 2012, 09:06 AM) *

VRO.com stocks all kinds of OMP stuff and with great prices. Denise might be able to order those seats. They are very cool looking!

Has anyone seen or sat in these seats? Perhaps someone close to VRO (Vick Racing Outfitters in College Station, TX) could stop by and take a look should they stock them.....if it's convenient, of course. The bolsters look pretty high; as we know, this can really affect ones ingres and egress in a 914. The "butt-bucket" looks pretty deep in the picture, but it's frankly hard to tell.

Andys
Literati914
An old thread.. but did anyone ever try these ?
seanery
wow, 6 years later and the price is still $299...that's pretty cool!

A little sleuthing around and I came across this pic of the Classic's dimensions.

Click to view attachment
pete000
Would love more info and a picture of them mounted in a 914.
Literati914
I think 22" across the bottom is about 3" wider than ideal (compared to the GTS 914 specific seat)...so it might crowd the hand brake. But too much to make it impossible? confused24.gif
Rleog
I have a Sparco that is ~21” wide and it negates use of the handbrake.

My stock 914 seats are ~18” wide.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.