Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RJMII - Jim McIntosh in WY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
QROtarga
Months ago I sent to Jim McIntosh a bit more than $300 for a Megasquirt engine control system. After a while that I did not receive that system I asked him and he explained "that his grandma died", so he had not sent it. Anyway, months later no Megasquirt sent, and no emails replied. So I wonder if he has a serious problem (which he could tell me about), or if he has scammed me. Anybody knows him or could help in this matter? Would be much appreciated...
hwgunner
I have dealt with Jim in the past and always found him to be honest and good to deal with. That said he has also told me of some of his problems which are/were serious to he or his family. That said again several months in not cool for not sending something out. Was he going to have to build this board for you or was it already to go?

jonathan
euro911
Looking at Jim's most recent posts (July 1st., 2012), it appears that he has some issues beyond his control, but is trying to get back on track.

The board register says he was Last Active on July 31st., 2012 - 07:59 PM

Try to PM him again ... confused24.gif

mharmon
I paid him for a set of the model Fuchs wheels he was making in Jan of 2011 and have still not received them.

All of my pm's and emails since sept of last year have gone unanswered. I've given up at this point....
'Looking at Jim's most recent posts (July 1st., 2012), it appears that he has some issues beyond his control, but is trying to get back on track.

The board register says he was Last Active on July 31st., 2012 - 07:59 PM'...

I don't have any skin in this - BUT if you've received the funds and have not sent said product out with in a week- these are the so call members that need to be removed / expel from this community.

euro911
Somebody who knows him personally should have a little pep talk with him and get him back into the game slap.gif
underthetire
I have delt with him in the past, and he even sent me a free narp emblem. He is not a scammer, and has some real issues, however it seems like there has been quite a bit of this going on lately from him.
" it seems like there has been quite a bit of this going on lately from him."

We all have issues with LIFE...but if you take some one's $ send product or send $ back.
hot_shoe914
I have dealt with him many times and he has always come through. I do know he has some serious family and health issues right now though. I think I still have his number, if I do I will give him a call and see if I can find out anything. Jim is a good guy but a deal is a deal.

Shoe
ConeDodger
Well for one thing, his wife left and took the kids and went several hundred miles away. I think it was a year before he got to see them again. His health was a battle right from the start. I think his life just fell apart. If I were Jim, the reason you wouldn't be getting your parts is that I was awaiting trial in a jail cell... mad.gif

I have dealt with him and he has always come through...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 5 2012, 08:08 AM) *

Well for one thing, his wife left and took the kids and went several hundred miles away. I think it was a year before he got to see them again. His health was a battle right from the start. I think his life just fell apart. If I were Jim, the reason you wouldn't be getting your parts is that I was awaiting trial in a jail cell... mad.gif

I have dealt with him and he has always come through...

agree.gif

Jim has been a member of this group for a long time Since 914 club started. Some of you new guys likely don't know that.

Jim's health is a ticking time bomb. He's lucky to be alive really. I encourage him every chance I get. He had a nice recovery the last time he was hospitalized. Put on a bunch or weight and muscle. I don't know where he is or where his head is at, but if his health became an issue again he's likely in the hospital.

Tough life so far. Now his grandma died? WTF.gif

I don't have his cell # and I guess based on his part posts where he works does not get a signal. I'm sorry he has not delivered for you. That's not the image he would want us to think of when his name comes up. So keep bugging him. He'll come through.
hot_shoe914
I called Jim this morning and made him aware of this thread. He should be getting in touch with folks really soon.

Shoe
RJMII
I am sorry I dropped the ball.

Grandmother died, took a risk with the new job, my best friend shot herself and I lost my living space, and I've been boincing back and forth from way far north to slc for court and more drama.

Yeah, my life fell apart and I posted a thread two months agoish saying I needed a break.

I've been trying to get caught up between funerals and phone calls and job hunting

My uncle hooked me up with temporary spot to land and work, with shop space. The mini mill is getting set up again this afternoon. Just long enough to finish back logged emblems. Then it is going to its new home at another member's place.I have the megasquirt with me and I am looking at shipping options that will track to Mexico.

I've managed to avoid being arrested, but had to hide for a couple months while my attorney worked her magic.

I hate drama, having to come upbeith excuses, etc.

Oh, and I spent one of the padt minths bleeding internally from the stress.

Maybe i finally found rock bottom and can start going UP.
porbmw
That's more than enough to warrant a break sad.gif

Hope it all improves from here on....
Mike Bellis
Jim, take care of yourself first. I'm in no hurry for my emblem.
Gint
Hang in there Jim!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.