Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More on powder coated wheels....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fuch toy
Waiting on tire rack to mount the red ones....but here's a set 993 wheels with black powder coating....
VegasRacer
Is there a car in that picture?
OK. Now I see it. I was distracted by the subject in the foreground. tongue.gif

Are those 'Bunny Ears' on the helmet?
Lawrence
Did they coat the mounting surfaces, or were those taped off?

-Rusty
fuch toy
Yes...those are the infamous bunny ears.....hold your tongue in ....that little girl is 14. If "I" was her father, she would not be allowed out of the house.....

The ears were attached for a race in AZ. During the Easter holidays....made quite a hit.....all the girls kept coming over and wanting to touch my helmet..... tongue.gif
fuch toy
Same race, sampling Tim Hannum's brewskis....
fuch toy
oopsies
jonwatts
The buck teeth really help complete the look.

Now please answer Rusty's question about powder coating the mounting surfaces of the wheels. I'm curious if the coating can hold up to multiple tire mounts or if they mask it off and don't even try.
VegasRacer
That don't look like no cell phone hooked to yer belt.
No doubt it works better than having to dial 911.
Bet nobody teased ya 'bout them silly ears. fighting19.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Mike, are you packin' heat in that pic?
Lawrence
LOL... I'm so used to seeing guns that it didn't even register. smile.gif

Yeah, as a smog nazi he gets to carry.

-Rusty
kdfoust
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 13 2003, 07:50 AM)
Yeah, as a smog nazi he gets to carry.

-Rusty

Nah, I thought it was cause he was in AZ: one of the last gun tote'n, speed'n, drink'n, bunny molest'n states left. Prolly the only place where you can have a duatholon, shoot'n and AX'n at the same time. :cursor: Plus 2 seconds per cone run over, minus 5 seconds per cone shot.
Joe Bob
Everything got coated....seemed to hold up for as long as I had them on the car....
VegasRacer
A couple years ago I got black flagged at a POC race here in Vegas. I was pouring gas all over the track. Traced the leak to a little plug that had fallen out of the carbs. An oldtimer told me he had the same problem in the past and had fixed it by putting the tip of a .22 bullet in the hole. We asked around. Found lots of guys with 9mm's, a few 357's, 38's and 45's. The smallest anybody had was a .380. Did finally fix the leak with the little cap off a new spark plug.

Moral of the story: A race tack is a very safe/dangerous place to be.
Joe Bob
An armed society is a polite society.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.