Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air hose routing question '73 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbob42
Getting my 2.0 ready for the road. Had been non-oped since '93. Put the air cleaner on (had been off to the side till now) and I have an extra 5/8" air hose with nothing to connect to. It comes off the top of the engine right in front of the computer. Any direction would be appreciated.
Madswede
I think there's a diagram available somewhere ... try pelican parts website.
TheCabinetmaker
Top of the engine is a little vague. Is it coming from the fan shroud or the black engine tin? A picture is worth a 1000 words.
Dave_Darling
Pelican has diagrams which should help. Jeff Bowlsby also has diagrams on his pages. And there may be some under the "914 info" link at the top of this and every 914world page.

--DD
Krieger
Maybe the charcoal canister? Some years it was mounted to the battery tray
poorsche914
From the Pelican site:

IPB Image

driving.gif
pbob42
thanks for the schematic. I am thinking the canister which is not there anymore. I will get a pic up here soon.

pbob42
this is the one. Anyone know where it goes?

IPB Image
Dave_Darling
To the charcoal canister, eventually. In cars up through early 74 (including your 73) the canister should be above the fuel tank. So the line pictured would go across the engine to one of the plastic lines in the left-front corner of the engine bay. From there, it goes up front under the driver's rocker panel to the canister. Another line comes back through the rocker panel and gets hooked to the air cleaner.

--DD
pbob42
The two above my hand run back and forth across the motor through plastic tubes and tie into the air cleaner. The one below my finger comes out of that fitting on the engine/shroud and goes . . . .
pbob42
well - let me see if there is anything open in the front left corner before I criticize your input. I did notice your 7,000 resonses compared to my 20.
pbob42
I looked and the cannister hoses appear to be the two above my hand. It is the lower hose in the picture that I am concerned with.
Dave_Darling
If there is already a hose from the fan shroud or from the engine tin to the hoses to the charcoal canister, then this one is an extra and can be left unhooked. If it is open through to the inside, you might want to plug it just to keep the cooling air inside where it belongs.

If neither of those two hoses goes to the fan shroud or to the engine tin, then it is not hooked up correctly.

(BTW, number of posts does not equal knowledge. I've been wrong before and will be so again, so have people with 10,000+ posts.)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.